Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

The overrepresentation of ELLs in special education programs-Specific Research Question(s)

lylyjo 1 / -  

English Language Learners in special education programs

Hello to all,

For my research paper the topic is the overrepresentation of English Language Learners in special education programs. I need to come up with two specific research questions (1)What elements contribute to or affect the appointment of English language learners into special education services? (2) What measures, if any, might be applied or introduced to counter the overrepresentation of English language learners in special education? The purpose of this study is to examine how challenging it is for teachers to differentiate amongst students who have learning disorders from students who are unsuccessful for different purposes, such as limited English knowledge. Furthermore, what elements they believe accounted for the overrepresentation and what measures can be put in place to reduce this occurrence. Thank you for the help.
Yardly, your research is survey intensive. In order to come up with the trend of the saturation of ELLs in special education programs, you need to develop some specific questions that lead the respondents to offer up some information regarding the reasons that they believe there is a saturation and what they believe caused the saturation. Unfortunately, I am unable to help you research this paper personally. However, you may look into developing the correct survey questions first based upon the lists of elements and measures that your questions might be referring to . Basically, you will have to address secondary questions before you can properly research and address the primary questions that you have listed here. I am not sure about how you can go about that but I know that doing that will help ease the problem of developing responses to your two questions. I hope my advice will be able to help you out. Good luck with your research. It is a very interesting topic and I would love to read what you come up with.

Home / Research Papers / The overrepresentation of ELLs in special education programs-Specific Research Question(s)