Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

Paper On Foreign Aid and Africa: Cannot Find More Research...

Hma9008 1 / 2  
I am doing my senior seminar research paper on:
Does political conditionality and anti corruption policy improve civil liberties and political rights in Africa? My hypothesis is that it does not. Rather, corrupt officials misuse aid in a way that benefits their regime and not the people. Their goal being to maintain power. Further, these actions happen despite conditionality on account of poorly implemented donor programs and regulations.

Now I have found one case study done by HRW which strongly supports my hypothesis. Ethiopian officials have been documented redirecting aid away from intended recipients towards government officials who then use aid funds to control the voting population and opposition party supporters.

But, I cannot find more examples of this to support my hypothesis. It is a research paper; the plan was to use multiple case studies. I have searched amnesty international, the IMF, the world bank, HRW, etc etc. My second draft is due on the 10th. I have 14 pages written, but 25 are required.

Should I rework my thesis or structure?

I am finished with my lit review but my data is only 3 pages do far and consists of only the ethiopian case.

Advice please???
kimuratakuya 10 / 32  
The riot in Sudan, perhaps in2005, when the Sudan was not split, can help with your paper. In that riot, the central government deny the riot and use the aid instead to recruit soilders suppressing the uprising and creating many brutal crimes in south Sudan.
OP Hma9008 1 / 2  
Thank you so much for reading my question and providing your knowledge. I expanded my project to development AND humanitarian aid, so the Sudanese case will help greatly.

Have a nice day.

Home / Research Papers / Paper On Foreign Aid and Africa: Cannot Find More Research...