Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

Paper on Global Warming Hysteria-Unsure of outline and possible topics

mstrong 1 / -  
For my English class we have to write a five page minimum paper on a subject of our choosing. I choose global warming and the hysteria that surrounds it. The paper is not supposed to have any opinion in it, but a slant or biased stance can be showen through expert opinions and statistics that reflect the same bias as you have. My stance is that global warming is not anthropogenic and that the alarmists are way out of whack in their 'scientific research'. My trouble is finding an outline that actually reflects what I want to write about. I'm pretty strong so far with my first two sections, but my third is where I am really struggling to find anything on the Internet for research. This is my outline:

I. Propaganda
A.Government
B.Media
II. Current Situation
A. Anthropogenic
B. Agent Nature
III. Probable Gains
A. Shipping*
B. Resources**
C. Look to the Past***

* in reference to the opening of the Northwest Passage
** in reference to the reserves in the Arctics that will be uncovered with the melting of ice
*** look at what happened in the past when warming trends occured (i.e Medeival Warm Period)
engwriting101 - / 23  
Expanding the power of government. What has the government done in response to global warming? It has placed regulataions and restrictions on the energy market. Thus, the expansion of government oversight on the market has adversely effected the business involving energy and fuel.

You could refrence the hoax surrounding computer models which "predicted" catastrophe.
The paper is not supposed to have any opinion in it, but a slant or biased stance can be showen through expert opinions and statistics that reflect the same bias as you have.

It sounds like the prof is teaching you how to express bias in a way that seems objective! That'll get you ready to join the ranks for the modern media! :-)

Well, let me free you up: Do not constrain yourself to an outline for this or any paper. Instead, find the highest quality sources and write a paragraph about each important point that is made. Start each para with a topic sentence. When you have a collection of meaningful paragraphs, sort them like puzzle pieces into a sequence that works. At that point you can write an outline if you want to. But if the teacher is requiring you to make an outline before you begin writing, s/he is leading you astray. Get your information first... before you plan the presentation.

Might as well start with Noam Chomsky, the most widely cited scholar of the past 50 years: youtube.com/watch?v=_O3cNc2JoMA
samspade 1 / 3  
The way to get this paper done is to focus on the negative points in your research. List them in a group, Group the positive points reference each group . Write from one - two paragraphs on each topic. Research the restrictions on fossil fuels past and present and government regulations.

Home / Research Papers / Paper on Global Warming Hysteria-Unsure of outline and possible topics