Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

A research paper about JFK's assasination - Israel involved?

gigi321 1 / -  
pls check the grammer, usage and comment!

Was Israel Involved in John F. Kennedy's Assassination?

For many years Lee Harvey Oswald was thought to be a lone gunman in the assassination of John F. Kennedy, however, there is more to the story than meets the eye. There are many conspiracy theories related to the assassination, but as the subject is explored deeper, all of those conspiracy theories converge on Israel (Piper). The tension between John F. Kennedy and Israel, also, cannot be overlooked. First, John F. Kennedy did not support Israel's Zionist movement. Second, Kennedy's pacifist policy against nuclear weapons was fracturing the income of Israel obtained from the wars, namely, the Vietnam War and Kennedy's successor, Lyndon B. Johnson made a drastic change in America's policy toward Israel after the assassination, reversing it in favour of Israel. According to the aforementioned evidence, the probability of Israel's involvement in Kennedy's assassination is considerably high.

"If you want U.S. aid, then shut down your nuclear bomb factory." Kennedy replied to Israel in 1961(Rosenberg). John F. Kennedy had nightmares about the prospect of nuclear proliferation saying "I see the possibility in the 1970s of the president of the United States having to face a world in which 15 or 25 nations may have these weapons. I regard this as the greatest possible danger and hazard." (Cohen 44-53). There is another quote of his which displays his aversion of nuclear weapons: "After staring into the abyss of nuclear war over Berlin and Cuba, I chose that June as the time and place to discuss a topic on which ignorance too often abounds and truth is too rarely perceived - yet it is the most important topic on earth: world peace" (Carroll). As can be inferred from both of these aforementioned quotes, John F. Kennedy supported world peace and harmony; and he was against nuclear arming - in other words he was a strong pacifist. He did his best to retain the peaceful political state and relationships among countries and his efforts included, but not limited to, going to Dallas and intending to condemn as "nonsense" the right-wing notion that "peace is a sign of weakness" (Thames). However, there was one country which sought only the profit of its own: Israel (Freedman). Israel was gradually becoming a threat risk for the Middle East, so Kennedy, retaining his peaceful stance, demanded a restriction in the number of nuclear arms that Israel had (Weiss). This demand was not compatible with Israel's interests because Israel wanted to make the Zionist movement influential and powerful. Kennedy's request was a tremendous hindrance to this aforementioned movement since Zionist movement was a movement for the re-establishment and the development and protection of a Jewish nation. In addition to this hindrance, his decision affected Israel in an economic way, which will be discussed later in this paper.

Kennedy demanded the newly-elected Israeli Prime Minister, Levi Eshkol that he allows U.S. inspections of the Israeli nuclear facility at Dimona to make sure that the plant was "devoted exclusively to peaceful purposes." (Weiss). Throughout the history, Israel is renowned for the damage it caused to other nations such as Palestine, Egypt, Jordan, and Syria but not limited to them (Freedman). Another evidence which proves Israel is a possible threat is that Israel was armed with nuclear weapons in order to frighten all the enemies in the Six-Day War between Israel and the neighboring states of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria (Six-Day War). Being aware of the fact that Israel causes possible threat to other nations in the Middle East, Kennedy had a concern for the security of the Middle East. Kennedy's concern and the acts he taken accordingly to it - such as a demand of restriction in the number of nuclear weapons - was also fracturing the income which Israel obtained from the nuclear arms industry. This was a prodigious impediment of the developing economy of Israel since Israel's success is in the defense industry is proved by the numbers. Three Israeli companies were listed on the 2010 Stockholm International Peace Research Institute index of the world's top 100 arms-producing and military service companies: Elbit Systems, Israel Aerospace Industries and RAFAEL(Defense). Having an advanced defense industry and earning a lot of money from this industry, this request would largely affect the national economy. Demanding Israel to shut down a major number of its defense industry, Kennedy signed his own death warrant for the sake of innocent people in the Middle East. If only the following presidents supported the restriction on the number of nuclear weapons. However, no other president of United States dared to open up this inspection case. What is more ironic is his successor, Lyndon B. Johnson, supported Israel's development and its defense industry by funding them excessively (Maoz).

With Lyndon Johnson in power, demanding a nuclear weapon inspection or funding limits were off the table. Moreover, Lyndon B. Johnson started giving funds as to develop Israel. After Kennedy's assassination his successor Lyndon B. Johnson, for the fiscal year of 1964, allocated $40 million in aid to Israel. Johnson's first budget, for the fiscal year of 1965, set aside $71 million - an extraordinary increase of 75 percent. The amount nearly doubled in 1966, to $130 million (Maoz). By 1967, Lyndon Johnson allowed the Israelis to secretly accumulate enough fissile material to build a crude nuclear bomb prior to the outbreak of the Six-Day War between Israel and the neighboring states of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria on June 5 of that year (Cavanaugh). With all the contribution Lyndon B. Johnson made to Israel's development, Israel's Zionist movement developed further due to the aforementioned changes. In addition to that, President Johnson taking the control resolved the conflicts about the weapon inspection that Israel had during Kennedy's presidency (Johnson). Furthermore, Johnson was the primary political rival of John F. Kennedy (LBJ killed JFK) and he had a personal and often emotional connection to Israel (Ben - David). For that reason, he is believed to have made an agreement with Israel when planning the assassination of John F. Kennedy(LBJ killed JFK).

If we are willing to blind our eyes and disregard the high probability of Israel's involvement in John F. Kennedy's assassination, then that also means we are scared to face Israel and its prodigious power of control just like the following presidents did after John F. Kennedy had been assassinated. Considering the historical evidences, for example considering how Israel was armed with nuclear weapons in order to frighten all the enemies in the Six-Day War between Israel and the neighboring states of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria(Six-Day War), Israel continued and still continues to spread terror by the means of the armed forces it has. The only bold leader, who dared to put a restriction on the number of guns Israel had, was John F. Kennedy. This restriction not only damaged the fear that Israel spread over the Middle Eastern countries, but it also fractured the Israel's economy since Israel had a considerable amount of income from the defense industry. All this restrictions and inspections led Israel to think of a solution and this solution was to get rid of John F. Kennedy. Israel, instead of John F. Kennedy, wanted Lyndon B. Johnson to be the president of the United States. In this way, the United States would be supporting Israel and even funding Israel in order to make a greater Israel, namely making the Zionist dream come true. Everything worked as planned, and ultimately Lyndon B. Johnson was funding Israel with a considerable amount of money. This amount increased gradually and Israel, being a secret super power, got its way. Therefore it is evident that Israel took a part in the assassination of John F. Kennedy since every result of his assassination turned out to be somewhat related to Israel or directly in favor of the Zionist movement and Israel.
Hi Gizem, first of all I would like to WELCOME you to the Essay Forum Family, we hope you find this website credible and useful to your writing projects. We strive to provide you with the most accurate feedback and valuable notes that will hopefully enhance your essay towards the revision.

Upon noticing the topic a hand, I can't help but notice how heavy this topic can be and how you should be very careful in putting information and including not only relevant but also pertinent noted to the paper. As I read along, however, I must say that you did gather a good amount of data and information to back up this paper, the only thing is, I don't see the citations, therefore, I will not know how credible this information is. You see, this is why the source of information or the citations is very important in creating a research paper.

I understand that this may be a draft, however, it is a good practice to treat each and every work as a final work or project, this way we can review the project as a a whole paper. Further to your grammar, its not "grammer", your spell checker will definitely help at this point, your sentence construction is not bad at all. The only thing you have to work on is the sequence of your ideas and the source of your information.

Home / Research Papers / A research paper about JFK's assasination - Israel involved?