Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

Research Paper on Mitch Lucker - musician, motorcycles fanatic

Felix_Chavira75 1 / -  
Felix Chavira
Ms. Clark
English II

Research on Mitch Lucker

Music has always been around since the beginning of time, and its helped people to connect with each other. In the case of Mitch Lucker many people find him inspirational not only his daughter but also his fans despite his genre and lifestyle. Mitch Lucker's music is categorized into the Heavy Metal genre; he is known to have lived an extreme life. Mitch Lucker has inspired thousands of lives through his music and way of living, and he continues to do so even if he's no longer alive.

To begin, Mitch Lucker is known for things like tattoos, motorcycles, loud music, and his family. Mitch Lucker had many tattoos that meant something unique to him; he was proud of them. "I am tattooed on my hands, my fingers, my hands, and my neck. The whole front of my body is covered, but not my back" (Sciarretto). Mitch Lucker refused to tattoo his back, "I like seeing the artwork because its artwork! It'd be like owning an expensive painting that you can never see. Like, 'Oh, I have this beautiful, expensive painting, but you can't see it because it's at my uncle's house.'" although people think that being tattooed all over your body can affect your future, the way people see you, and your body image Mitch Lucker hasn't worried about tattoos affecting his future "It's not uncommon to have an overwhelming amount of tattoos, you see it all the time nowadays, but it's also who I am. I had my arms and neck tattooed when I was 18. It hasn't slowed me down at all." (Sciarretto). Mitch Lucker had his knuckles tattooed with "FORXEVER", but he soon got them covered up with black bars because he said too many kids had the exact same tattoo, but one Mitch Lucker's last tattoo was the Japanese Kanji symbol for "Strength".

Next, Mitch Lucker's life was always busy between recording music, touring, spending time with his family, and just having time to relax, but before any of that most, of his influences to go into the heavy metal genre were bands such as Korn, Deftones, Slayer, Sepultura, and anything that his father would bring home to he and his brother, which would soon make his brother start his own band which would soon influence Mitch Lucker to want to be a singer. Heavy metal was a huge aspect in the Lucker household since his father influenced them to enjoy metal by bringing them music "Yeah, dude. I've got all the records from that time - all the stuff my dad brought home was metal." (Hosking). Later on, Mitch Lucker's brother had his own band, but no one would sing and at the time. Mitch was in love with the band Hatebreed, and it so happened that the band was doing a cover of a song by them that Mitch Lucker knew the words too, so Mitch Lucker's brother knew that Mitch knew the words, so he asked him to come sing and after that Suicide Silence was formed.

Then tragedy took place, Mitch was a huge fanatic of motorcycles, he said he loved the rush he got from going too fast, most of the time he compared riding a motorcycle to being on stage and he said that he just loved the rush. One day that rush would be the reason fans, friends, band members and family members would shed tears over the loss of Mitch after his wife and he would get into argument because Mitch had reason to believe that she had cheated on him with another member from a band. "Mitch Lucker, singer for the Southern California heavy metal band Suicide Silence, died Thursday morning, Nov. 1, after being in a motorcycle crash Wednesday night. The Orange County coroner's office said Lucker was pronounced dead at 6:17 a.m. Thursday at UCI Medical Center in Orange County. Lucker, who lives in Huntington Beach crashed his motorcycle shortly after 9 p.m. last night and was admitted to the hospital. Mitch died a few hours later, 6:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, from the injuries. The LA Times reports Mitch struck a light pole near the intersection of Main and 13th streets and was thrown from his 2013 Harley Davidson. Mitch leaves behind a daughter, Kenadee Lucker." (Fisher). Some people believe that Mitch could've predicted his own death two hours before he crashed when he posted "The dead are living..." on his social media accounts. After Mitch Lucker's death fans gathered around to have a candle light vigil in honor of Mitch Lucker, after the bad had a memorial show where many of Mitch's artist friends did covers of his songs and all the money raised went to Kenadee's education.

At last, many things have happened since Mitch Lucker's passing. The band found a new singer because they felt that that's what Mitch would've wanted it that way and Suicide Silence has released a new album "You Can't Stop Me", their first album to have the new singer Hernan "Eddie" Hermida. Mitch Lucker's legacy still continues to live on since Mitch was honored by Mental Health America of Los Angeles. "The memory of Mitch Lucker will live on though Mental Health America of Los Angeles, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting mental health recovery and wellness. MHALA was recently the beneficiary of a Suicide Silence charity gig, which raised nearly $17,000. In response to Suicide Silence's generous act and the fans that made it possible, MHALA dedicated its donated clothing department to Mitch Lucker." (Hartmann). As for Kenadee she's doing well and is still looking up to her father as she makes videos of herself doing Mitch's famous signature "The Lucker Stomp", and the band continues to help the Lucker family whenever they can.

Works Cited

Fisher, Jason. "Suicide Silence Singer Dies In Motorcycle Accident". Print.

Hartmann, Graham. "Late Suicide Silence Vocalist Mitch Lucker Honored By Mental Health America of Los Angeles".

Hosking, Ben. "The AU Interview: Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence (USA)". Print.

Sciarretto, Amy. "Suicide Silence's Mitch Lucker on Tattoos and Dirty Handshakes".
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Felix, I would like to apologize for making you wait quite long enough in order to get constructive feedback from other members of this forum. Frankly, this category of essay is always like this, not many people are interested in seeing or even checking this type of essay. Actually, you can advertise your own essay by commenting or conveying a meaningful feedback towards other members or even towards active contributors. After giving meaningful feedback, the link to your essay will automatically appear below your comment(s), and the OP (original poster) and other members can see it. This can make your essay will get reviewed sooner. However, I would like to try to do my best in helping you revising this research paper.

With regards to your essay, I think it is quite short for a research paper. Somehow, it consists of 4 or 5 pages. When I read the content, it is pretty interesting to read. It is well-written in logical order, and well-developed ideas. The flow of ideas is also understandable and clear enough. Yet, some grammatical issues still exist and it needs to be revised soon. I notice that mostly your essay are using contractions, these are not recommended in academic writing. Now, for further feedback you can see my corrections below.

- ...and its helpedit helps
- In the case of Mitch Lucker, (comma needed) many people find him inspirational not only because of his daughter, (comma needed) but also his fans despite his genre and lifestyle.

- into the Heavy Metal genre... (you have never mentioned it before, so 'the' is unnecessary)
- genre; he isand he is also known to have.. (I have never recommended anyone to use ' ; ', somehow it is quite confusing)
- if he'she was/is ... (avoid contractions, remember, this essay is an academic writing)
- Lucker is known for thingssome matters like tattoos (it is also less formal and unclear to use 'thing(s)')
- unique to him; he was proud of themin which he proud of.

There you are Felix, I hope my 'late' review helps you. I am waiting for your next piece of writing. Do not hesitate to convey ideas to other members' essays. Good luck and keep writing :)
Hi Felix, first of all, WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, its brilliant that you were able to find this website, we do aim to provide every single writer, students and graduates alike with the most comprehensive remarks and observation towards your writing. We do hope that you will be able to use our help in your future writing reference.

Now, going back to your research, I believe you can do a couple more paragraphs, I say a couple more paragraphs as I feel like you can still elaborate the topic at hand. In doing so, you can expand and add more details on the part where you are talking about the musicians work as well as on the part of where you discuss about the subjects early days, habits and his traits as a musicians. A few additional adjectives that describes the subject will boost the character of your research. This will also help you create that interest from your readers.

Well, that's pretty much it for me Felix, I can also see that you were given quiet a comprehensive remarks here form one of our contributors and I hope you follow through. Remember, the above corrections and modifications are our suggestions and it's still up to you to follow through and make use of them in your revision.

Home / Research Papers / Research Paper on Mitch Lucker - musician, motorcycles fanatic