Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Research paper outline: The role of Globalization in relation to popular culture

abrow317 1 / -  

exploitation of popular culture to generate profits

Hello all! I received my first research paper assignment and I created the topic to research: The role of globalization in relation to popular culture.

I have brainstormed my ideas in reference to where I want to go with this paper. The whole idea is Globalization and how it relates to the exploitation of popular culture to generate profits. So far my outline is as follows:

Introduction: Popular culture is considered as the culture prevailing with the masses. This is reflected by means of practices of the culture. Globalization is the economic process which are the post-modern wherein the difference amongst high and low culture is being blurred. This is due to the emergence of local culture or urban culture at international and national levels. It is also due to reducing impact on the elite's culture which is homonymic. Since the time of prevalence of globalization, people especially in developing countries, have a fear that the west's culture hegemony and the resulting local cultures eclipse cannot be avoided. However, it has not occurred during the last 20 years. One can argue that there is no threat because cultures have managed to prevail together. The globalization process hence is integrative and cannot be considered as disintegrative. Since he beginning of globalization one can argue that Western culture has dominated other cultures for years generating immense economic growth, wealth and power through the exploration and profiterring of other cultures. One can also argue that this disenfranchised nation has generated growth and popularity through exploitation of other cultures. Governed by the elite one can argue that this nation's tactics are subtle as developing cultures in this nation are subjected to a local culture eclipse.
Ashley, globalization on a popular culture context is too broad a topic. You need to narrow it down some more by listing the possible topics that can be discussed. Since this is all about pop culture, you can consider any of the following (suggested topics):

1. In relation to world music
2. In relation to fashion
3. In relation to movies
4. In relation to television shows
5. In relation to idealism and collective mindset

And much more. The list I provided is just the tip of the iceberg. There are plenty more topics where that came from. As you can see, this list alone proves that you cannot represent the research paper on such a broad scope. It will be impossible for you to accurately research and represent a general discussion. Create a topic choice list and outline your research possibilities first. I suggest that you do research on the topic that is of the most interest to you that also comes with easy to access resource materials.

Home / Research Papers / Research paper outline: The role of Globalization in relation to popular culture