Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

Research Paper on short story "Optimists" by Richard Ford

dsanye_22 1 / 1  
I have a research paper that's due over the short story "optimists" by Richard ford. I have to write a minimum of 600 words about an Element of this story. I need some help on how to start my paper and what should be included in it.
jbd1992 2 / 10  
dsanye_22
I would suggest a beginning that elaborates on Ford himself and then narrows down to optimists...
Thumping language, spoken sound, resounding syllables,
literature is a funny word.
Contrasting colors, black and white on the page or screen,
Sleepy reading, and then sudden insight!
Literature is actually deeply satisfying.

Well, first google the name of the story and author and the word "analysis." That will get you familiar with the themes. Then, spend some time with the book and see what unique ideas you get. This is all about sitting with the book and having an experience.

Write a little blurb about the experience you have when you sit with the book. You can write anything you want, but be sure to include your opinion. Life is all about discourse among humans, and this story is a focal point for human discourse. So, express your own insight by talking about the book.

after that google search brings you to an analysis of it, this will seem easy and fun.

And when I count to three you will wake up alert, refreshed, and ready to write your essay.

one, two, three
OP dsanye_22 1 / 1  
Here what I have so far....In the "Optimist" by Richard Ford, the central conflict of the story arises from the protagonist's ignorance about what really took place the night his father accidently killed Boyd Mitchell. There were different thoughts that occurred to him when he encountered his mother after more than 15 years later. Seeing her caused him to reflect on the events in a new perspective: His mother distance from the family, his father discomfort at home which caused emotional outburst and finally Boyd's puzzling statements that implied more was going on then what appeared.

I decided to use the mothers' character as my element in this story. I would like to talk about those three clues but not sure how to start my first paragraph. Do you have any suggestions?
the central conflict of the story arises from the protagonist's ignorance about what really took place the night his father accidentally killed Boyd Mitchell. There were different thoughts that occurred to him when he encountered his mother after more than 15 years later...

Seeing her caused him to reflect on the events with a new perspective: He noticed his mother's distance from the family and his father's discomfort at home (which caused emotional outbursts), and finally Boyd's puzzling statements that implied more was going on then than what appeared.

This is a very complicated thesis statement for the essay. If you had to say it all in a sentence, what would the sentence say? the central conflict of the story consists of ______________> (can it be captured clearly in one sentence? If you can explain your thesis statement in one sentence, the essay will be powerful.

:-)

Home / Research Papers / Research Paper on short story "Optimists" by Richard Ford