Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Paragraph highlighting the employment situation in Saudi Arabia. Need help with phrasing.

Saqib 4 / 14  
For many years the gulf countries have been suffering from one problem: the fact that expatriates form the vast majority of the labor market. Take Saudi Arabia for example, among the Saudis, the unemployment rate is an astonishing 12%. This is despite the fact that Saudis make up 92% of the workers in the public sector. In the private sector expatriates immensely outnumber Saudis. Similar is the case with other gulf countries. Governments have come up with a simple solution to this problem, to put quotas on the number of expatriates firms can employ. Also as time passes to reduce these quotas, until the point that the local workforce is being used at it's fullest. This is known as Ization.
See if this rephrasing works for you:

Saudi Arabia and other gulf countries all suffer from a job market problem for its citizens due to the constant hiring of foreigners to fill the positions in the labor market. In Saudi this has caused a 12 % unemployment rate even though 92% of Saudians make up the workers in the public sector. The private sector would rather hire expatriates than Saudians due to the lower salary that the expats receive, thus they outnumber the Saudians in the private sector. The governments must resolve this problem in order to help the Saudians and our own economy. A quota must be placed on the number of foreigners hired by a private company, with its quota being reduced over time until only Saudians fill the vacant positions in a process known as Ization.

Home / Research Papers / Paragraph highlighting the employment situation in Saudi Arabia. Need help with phrasing.