Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

The Power of Synchronicity

kaycheat 1 / -  
Michaela Perry
Celeste Brown
ENG 102-12479
December 3rd, 2017
Rough Draft

existence in a synchronous world

Life is hard. A consistent ebb and go that humanity is forced to float along with, waiting for what is to come next. A cycle between good, neutral, and bad moments make up the timeline that is human existence. Yet, what if adding a certain lifestyle change can bring new meaning to existing. When thinking about life, and what you really want, all it takes is to ask to take it, and make it how it is supposed to be. The idea of synchonicity is not quite science, and it is not quite religion. Synchronicity is taking personal coincidences with unconscious subliminal thoughts, and using them to figure out the next step to take in life. Pursuing synchronicities include: listening to signals or other personal meanings to outside things, meditation and visualization-the Law of Attraction, and keeping an open mind about worldly beliefs, are things that can bring our hidden wants to reality.

What is synchronicity? Synchronicity is being in tune with the universe. Synchronicity is being mindful of self and surroundings. Synchronicity is the feeling of de-ja-vu. Synchronicity is thinking of a random person, and that person suddenly connects with the original thinker. There is the saying that history repeats itself. Synchronicities repeat themselves. Knowing the true potential of coincidences can increase the connection one has with the universe, bringing on more coincidences. More than chance, synchronicity is some unexplainable phenomena. Carl Jung explains synchronicity as, "an ever-present reality with those who have eyes to see." They are controlled by human unconsciousness. The human unconsciousness is set to overwhelm the consciousness of the mind. This is like an island in the middle of a vast ocean. The ocean overwhelming the island can easily annihilate or alter it. In other words, every person can craft and form what their unconsciousness desires.

Pairing the unconscious thoughts with parallel life events- synchronicity is born. Take the thought of an old childhood friend. A person may have a split-second thought about how they may be doing, even if they have not thought about them in years. Flash-forward to the moment of synchronicity, it could be an hour later or a week later, there is no timing it but suddenly the person thinking the fleeting thought is approached by that person, or news of that person. What a coincidence. This is only one example, music coming on that was just being thought about, getting news that was being hoped for out of the blue, even the feeling of de-ja-vu are all forms of synchronicity. A way to bring on coincidences is to be mindful and aware while turning an inner eye on to the universe.

The first step to achieve being in synchronicity with the universe is being more aware of these little signs that are being gifted. All signs are different to each person due to different life experiences. It is difficult to explain what to look for because only the individual will know that a certain event is a coincidence to them. When noticing these events, the way to create more is to pay attention. Another sign, is the instant of a sudden ringing in the ear, not dealing with auditory issues, that happens that is said to be the universe talking to a person. Meditation in an excellent way to bring on these synchronicity instances with the universe.

Meditation brings a person to a halt and calms them down. It creates a scared space within themselves. Meditation brings a person into the moment, not a million miles away as brains like to operate, and creates stillness. This exercise tunes a person in to the frequencies of the world. Another way to grow awareness is remember coincidences by writing them down, and revisiting them when facing other coincidences. History always repeats itself and so do coincidence, usually a coincidence will match another if tracked enough. Finding these patterns in life is critical when putting energy into knowing the outcome of the novel book that is life.

The more coincidental events that happen the more in sync with the universe the person is. The more in sync with the universe a person is, the more power they must predict what is to happen and create what they want to happen. The core of all these events to happen is mainly the power of thought.

The power of thought is the energy that exists inside every person. Everything is made up of energy, even thoughts. Positive or negative thoughts attract positive or negative things to a person's life. The Law of Attraction is a way to explain this power of thought. Pair the Law of Attraction with the events that are coincidences and practicing it, life can become much easier. Even the long manuscript, Thought Power states:

"Even so your mind is like a wireless machine. A saint with peace, poise, harmony and spiritual waves sends out into the world thoughts of harmony and peace. They travel with lightning speed in all directions and enter the minds of persons and produce in them also similar thoughts of harmony and peace. Whereas a worldly man whose mind is full of jealousy, revenge and hatred sends out discordant thoughts which enter the minds of thousands and stir in them similar thoughts of hatred and discord." (Sivananda, 1996.) The seeds that are planted are bound grow into realities.

These realities are what can be grown by being aware of synchronicities and coincidences surrounding a person. If a person can control the realities that happen, that is the hidden secret of life. Thinking positive or negative thoughts are only a tip of the mental potential. Adding the art of visualization also boots the imaginary, glowing energized cord that connects the universe to humanity. Picturing the desired event in detail is powerful, in the mind, it is happening. Imagining something inside the brain every detail comes to mind, even the senses of the moment are portrayed inside the mind. Visualization can improve the connection with the universe. Therefore, improving the chances of visualizing what one wants to happen. The basics to achieve this, is to always attain an open mind.

Keeping an open mind is extremely important when trying to attain synchonicity. A person must be completely serious about it. Synchronicity is not a religion, but a state of mind. An excellent demonstration of explaining the events has to do with the mind and matter. In a Brain Picking's article, Carl Jung and Wolfgang Pauli's papers to each other are explained to be the basis of synchronicity. Pauli's physics and Jung's psychology met together to coin the term. With the physics aspect is the description of an atom. An atom has a nucleus, which has electrons orbiting around. The rest is just empty space. This is parallel to the self with the conscious ego and the unconsciousness that make up the mind. The rest of us is empty space to hold the nucleus of a human being. With the knowledge that everything is made up of matter, it is safe to say that the star photons that existed in the beginning of time are coursing through the makeup of us.

The matter or energy that is inside an atom is also inside a thought. All atoms give off energy, so do thoughts. It is the power of these thoughts and realizing how to use them that can create the decisions that can be more beneficial to the thinker. The papers written between Jung and Pauli explain the certain connections between self and physics that forge a basic understanding on why coincidences can possibly happen. This is borderline science but since the unexplained phenomenon that happen to coincide with a matching casualty. It is a production of the thought that the energy to make these coincidences happen. With more self-awareness of the energy behind thoughts, then comes the power to mold what is to happen in a person's life.

Synchronicity is a confusing topic. It has a lot of twists and turns, so it is often difficult to understand. Becoming aware of coincidences is the first step to achieve synchronicity with the universe. Finding coincidences is also the first step in achieving the ability to predict what comes next in the novel of life. These coincidences appear specific to the individual. They are little signs that show to keep going with the choice that was questioned. Or they show the solution to a dilemma. These coincidences or symbols are the green light that one is exactly at where they are supposed to be. By using the tools that are available such as, meditation and visualization, can increase awareness of the signs that appear and what to do with them. Every human being has the same chemical make-up, and the same matter that makes up everything else. The relationship that is parallel to the complexity of the universe and the complexity of the mind is too close to not be a coincidence. Another full circle in the life that is all connected in all ways.

Works Cited:

Cavalli, Cynthia, "The Dance of Synchronicity and Unexpected Meaning." Fielding Graduate University

Central Intelligence Agency. "Check Your Mailbox": Synchronicity and Inner Guidance. Cia.gov. Central Intelligence Agency

Hand, David J. "It's No Coincidence That Coincidences Take Place."

Popova, Maria. "Atom, Archetype, and the Invention of Synchronicity: How Iconic Psychiatrist Carl Jung and Nobel-Winning Wolfgang Pauli Bridged Mind and Matter." Brain Pickings.

Puff, Robert. "Meditation and Synchronicity: Just a Coincidence?" Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers

Sivananda, S. "Thought Power" Divine Life Society.
Michaela, the essay is very good. It is informative and gives a clear picture to the reader regarding what synchronicity and its accompanying elements are all about. However, I feel that the way you opened the presentation is not really effective because it does not point the reader towards the upcoming topic. That is why I believe that you should use the current closing paragraph as the opening paragraph because, upon reading it, I just felt that this was supposed to be the introduction to the topic and the current opening, should be the closing discussion, with some revisions made to suit a closing statement. Also, you need to revise the part of the essay that goes ". Yet, what if adding a certain lifestyle change can bring new meaning to existing." That should end with a question mark since you are posing a question to the reader. Additionally, you should not pose a question that you will not be immediately responding to after positing it.

Home / Research Papers / The Power of Synchronicity