Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

The Pros and Cons of Charismatic Leaders Research Paper

Iamblessed2006 1 / 2  
Hello,

God Bless everyone,
I am in urgent need with help for my research paper? My research topic that I have selected is, The Pros and Cons of Charismatic Leaders? Someone please help me? I have already started writing the paper, and I would like someone to check to see if I am on the right track? Thank you all in advance, for your time and consideration. This is an urgent matter. This paper have to be between 10 to 14 pages in length, with the APA style of writing and about 15 sources of research information.
orkhan 12 / 19  
The word "charisma" comes from the Greek and means "grace' or "gift." In the early Christian church it was used to describe one of several possible manifestations of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Today charisma is regarded by most as the persuasiveness, and personal magnetism, that enables one to lead and to attract followers. (Often, although not exclusively, charisma is coupled with physical attractiveness).

In a leadership setting, charisma is a valuable asset. That is not to say that there are not very effective leaders with a low charisma quotient (Microsoft founder Bill Gates, for example, or former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright). And there are many charismatic leaders who have not achieved their visionary goals - oftentimes to the disillusionment of their followers and supporters.

Can charisma be learned? There have been some academic studies which have shown that some of the aspects of charismatic leadership (public presence, persuasive speaking, body language) can indeed be taught.

There is some wariness about charismatic leaders, especially in traditional organizations that prize continuity and an orderly process in decision making.

J.W. Gannon, J.C. Hannon and C.W. Blackwell, in an article in The Journal of Leadership Studies (1998) noted that:

If you are being led by a charismatic, your organization is in for an exciting, emotional time. Effective followers will withhold instant allegiance to the charismatic and take a fair look at the person's intentions and actions.

It is not unusual for a charismatic leader to face some suspicion. From an organizational perspective it is important to determine how much of a personal agenda a newly-appointed charismatic leader has - unfortunately some of those who are strongly charismatic are also narcissists and may not have the best interests of the organization at heart.
OP Iamblessed2006 1 / 2  
Hello and Good Morning,

Orkhan,

I thank you very much for your assistance, but I checked my paper online for plagiarism just now, and my paper is plagiarized. I cannot use this information, or else I will get into deep trouble with my University. I thank you, but now I have to get help for real.

God Bless you,

Home / Research Papers / The Pros and Cons of Charismatic Leaders Research Paper