Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

Psychological Jealousy: How it forms

louge 3 / 6  
First of all, what is Jealousy? Studies states that jealousy is not an emotion but rather an instinct. There's a difference between emotions and instincts. Emotions come voluntarily while instinct's come naturally.

Jealousy is an irrationally natural way of expressing something or someone other people have than an individual doesn't have.

Jealousy mostly occurs when the person your jelous of, is being happy with something or someone you don't have. Like a kid who is jelous about another kid with a chocolate bar, or a boy jelous of his ex's new boyfriend.

"Where exactly does this happen? In our minds? Or in our hearts?" Actually, it happens in both. The jealousy happens because of the object or the person that you don't have, not because of the person which obtains it. If it is, that would not be jealousy, but hatred. The jealousy's aims is by the feelings of the heart and the intentions of the mind for the lacked object or person. If we say you are jealous of a person having a bike, because you don't have a bike, then it must be important you also want a bike, your feelings for the bike is little, but not quite big like feelings for a living thing, and your intentions for the bike is for fun and transport, so jealousy occurs in both heart and mind.

As I have mentioned above, jealousy happens when a person lacks something he/she wants. But, "does it happens even for people who have everything?" Yes. Jealousy also happens to even the richest men in the entire universe. People who have everything does not exist, for there is no man on earth who can obtain everything he needs, even if he has great wealth, for wealth can only buy material things, therefore having the jealousy for material objects covered, but even so, he can get jealous by lacking something wealth can never buy, that is, one's significant value. If we say you bought everything you'd want, we can therefore conclude that you, even though you've got everything you want, can also get jealous, for you still have something you don't have, happiness and contentment. These are the traits, even the richest people get jealous of out of the poorest of the poor. Jealousy can happen to everyone except to those who are contented with what they have and what they know.

Why do we need to get jealous? Actually we don't have to, but in other cases, jealousy provides an adequate idea of progression. By being uncontented, therefore craving for more, you make yourself well knowing of the world and updated. In other cases, we need to get jealous to get over something or someone so we may make ourselves available for newer and much more efficient things or people. Therefore we can say, getting jealous can be good, but being contented can be much greater and would contribute great boons for others.
OP louge 3 / 6  
need feedbacks on this. Thanks!
Studies states that jealousy is not an emotion but rather an instinct.

studies state/ study states

.... expressing someone? .... I think this line has not come properly to convey your idea clearly :(

Jealousy mostly occurs when the person youryou are jelous of, is being happy with something or someone you don't have.

"you're" (shorten form of "you are") and not "your" though they have close pronunciations.
Example - You're very selfish and that made me to distance from you / Your selfishness has distanced me from you.

Jealousy mostly occurs when the person your jelousjealous of, is being happy with something or someone you don't have

Jealousy mostly occurs when you do not possess something or someone that another person does.
I wish you if you had your sentences sound more simpler that everybody can understand easily. Also try to back up these ideas with more examples as you did with child and chocolate because it's the easiest way for the reader to conceive your idea.

Also, I personally believe jealousy is linked with many other things such as ego, folly, pride etc.etc....
Very interesting topic :)
OP louge 3 / 6  
thanks dumi! Now thats what I call, help. :] I'll be more careful nxtym with my grammar. Thanks 4 the feedback!

Home / Research Papers / Psychological Jealousy: How it forms