Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Essay regarding how to create a judgement free world

jannet19 1 / -  
Jannet Pena
Prof. Akers
4/5/16
Draft

A Judgment Free World: Draft
Today, many people are targeted by others as a laughing stalk or as someone to judge. It is unfair to these people. They do no harm to anyone. By simply being who they are, they get judged and laughed at for something they cannot change about themselves. The research that will be conducted will shoe how a person's critical views can be changed if the person undergoes judgment themselves or is educated on how criticism affects others.

People everywhere are affected every day. A person's remark about others in a critical or judgmental tone can affect someone's mental health. In many peoples day-to-day life, they are bullied or often are put down. Their self-esteem is slowly crushed by the boot of brutality humans wear to either feel better about themselves, or target an individual.

Today's society is consists of someone targeting an individual to put themselves on a higher pedestal that is created by popularity, judgment, wealth, and even appearances. If the tables turn on the person who is targeting others for physical and mental attributes, that person, will almost surely feel put down, bullied, and their self-esteem will crush under that same boot. One should not put down others because "what comes around goes around" and if every little remark, every little judgment one makes to put themselves on a higher pedestal and feel better about themselves, will, per say, come back, that same boot of brutal insults will stare at the individual in the eye.

Critical judgments do affect a person's mental and physical health. A snarky remark can tear someone's soul into pieces and crush their mental state. By saying that someone's decisions are stupid or making an ignorant remark on someone's mental issues can give them even more problems to focus on than they should. Mental illnesses are nothing to joke about, let alone to make fun of. "The development of a compassionate capacity, by self-compassion and mindfulness, humanize both individuals and organizations"( Mental Health). When someone is constantly criticized about a certain part of their body or their mental illnesses, they want to change, make themselves more likable, they become vulnerable to the worlds harsh cruel view on what is what and what is perfect.

Another remark humans like to make against each other is about how someone's body looks like. By saying that a person's body is too fat, too skinny, too small, or too tall, affects the way a person feels and thinks about themselves. Bulimia, anorexia, and eating disorders are big problems in today's world America portrays attractive women as tall and skinny, Men are portrayed as tall and muscular. Women and men are constantly being put down by the media even though everyone's body cannot achieve to look like the models or the bodybuilders shown on TV. Not only looking a certain way affects the way the world views you but there are other factors that one cannot help, also causes discrimination.

Being a certain gender, color, or sexuality also plays a major role in inequality. Gender inequality is a harsh reality that all men and women go through. Women are held unequal when it comes to the work place. "More work must be done to ensure equal rights for women in American society. They continue to be discriminated against in the workplace and earn less money than men for the same work" (women). Men who decide to stay home and tend to their family needs are frowned upon and accused unmanly.

Color has always been an issue in American history. African Americans were brought to the US in 1619 and it has always been a controversy since then. The fact that skin color causes many to think less of others is revolting because humans have no control over what ethnicity they are born into, or the amount of melanin they contain. Compared to white Americans, African Americans are far more likely to live in poverty, receive substandard education, and serve prison time. Other minority groups also face unequal treatment: homosexuals cannot get married, Muslim groups have been spied on, and immigrants are continually harassed in some states." (minority)

Sexuality preferences are also a major factor that plays in inequality. Lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals are all frowned upon in society. "Marriage should be between one man and one woman as it has been since ancient times." (Gay)It is weird seeing a man and a man or a woman and a woman because of the ancient views on sexuality that it is a choice to like the opposite sex rather than it is something that a person cannot change, or is born with.

Can a change be made? The research that will be conducted is based on if teenagers can change their closed minded point of view if they are educated on how cruel their words can be. Based on the data gathered, a group of teenagers' views on others can in fact be changes. If one informs teenagers on how word does hurt, they will feel bad about what they say. Their conscience torments them. In the study, they were asked to put themselves in a place of someone who is constantly being bullied or put down by them. The conclusions were astonishing. Nine out of the ten teenagers questioned said they would feel horrible if they were put down the same exact way they put other down

In conclusion, the world wears a harsh boot that is constantly stomping all over people. A change needs to be made and teaching young children that a person that doesn't look a certain way should be made fun of, a man belongs with a woman, if someone's not a certain color they are less of a person, and whether if a person is a man or a woman should be frowned upon, will not change society and it will not change the future of this closed-minded nation. Ignorance should not take over, listen to others and learn to love each other.

Works Cited
"Gay Marriage. " Issues & Controversies. Infobase Learning, 14 July 2015. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.
"Minority Rights. " Issues & Controversies. Infobase Learning, 11 Mar. 2013. Web. 2 Apr. 2016. Simőes, D., et al. "Mental Health, Self-Compassion, Organizational Virtuosity Commitment In Workers From Local Administration." European Psychiatry 33.(2016): S649. Academic Search Premier. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.

"Women's Rights. " Issues & Controversies. Infobase Learning, 22 Feb. 2016. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.
cathylan 2 / 2  
Today, many people are targeted by others as a laughing stalk or as someone to judge . It is unfair to them.
The research that will be conducted will shoeshow how a person's critical views can be ...

Home / Research Papers / Essay regarding how to create a judgement free world