Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

SHORT REPORT ABOUT INTERIOR DESIGN

StevenTran 1 / -  
this my short research report about design room for children. Can someone look through and give me some comments for me. I sometime have problems with awk and fragments. Thank you so much.

DESIGN THE ROOM FOR CHILDREN

Steven Tran

Communication 1120
Instructor: Matthew Larson
Date: November 24, 2018

Scenario
This report analyzes the importance of having a private and some steps to design a room for children. Having a private room will give your children the independence to doing everything by themselves. For example, cleaning up the place, set up a schedule about studying, or provide them with the ability to keep their things safe. The report will focus on three things: floor design, choosing colors, and decorating. First, there are two kind of materials is beneficial to design the floor: Carpet and cork. Carpets made from wool, cotton, embroidery, or fibers. Carpet can reduce the sound when children are walking or making the room more comfortable when they are sitting on the floor. Cork can protect the room against heat and clamor. Secondly, choosing the right color will give children the motivate, colorful for the room. There are many colors to design such as, red, yellow, blue, or purple. Other way, people can combine the color to make the room more vivid. Finally, decoration plays a significant role in whether the children like the room. Decals and pictures are the perfect ways to decorate the walls, especially if your house is rent and can not paint. Some personal pictures or drawing will create the imagination of the children. In conclusion, design a children room is essential, and a beautiful room will make children more comfortable, confident, and able to do everything by themselves without the bits of the help of their family.

To: KIMBO design in Vancouver
From: Steven Tran
Date:
Subject: DESIGN THE ROOM FOR CHILDREN

This report summarizes my research on the specialized field of design room for children. With years of experience in the field of interior design, I believe that focus on the design of the private room for children will attract more customers and bring tremendous profits to our company.

Nowadays, many Asian families do not want their children to have a private room because they afraid children will not listen to them or they want to take care of them very carefully. However, it does make children feel uncomfortable, and they often depend on their parent rather than doing everything by themselves. Laurie (2017) stated that having a private room built not only the responsibility but also trust between them and parents. Although having a separate room for children is very important, there are not many companies specialized in child room design.

I have researched the different websites of designing rooms for children, and I suggest our company need to take a careful look at this project in the future. I have found three areas that I recommend our firm concentrate on:

·Floor design
·Choosing color
·Decorating

1.Floor design:

The first attention in the design of the children's bedroom is the selection of materials for the floor. Because of the child's hyperactivity, we need to focus on choosing soft and spongy materials to protect them. There are two types of materials very useful for this project: Carpet and cork.

A.Carpet
Carpets can be made on a loom like a woven fabric, made of knotted ties, piles made of linen, wool and cotton, or embroidery. The mats are used for a variety of purposes, including the insulation of the human foot from the cold floor or concrete floor. This material makes children feel comfortable when sitting on the floor, reducing the sound when walking, create an ambiance of warm for the bedroom.

B.Cork
Cork is the modern flooring ideas which are perfect for comfortable bedroom design. Cork can help to make a bedroom feel luxuriously relaxing, as the floor rises to cradle each step you take. At the same time, the cork itself is filled with millions of tiny air bubbles, which serve to protect the room against both heat and clamor. Cork is a relatively unusual flooring material, widely available.

2.Choosing color

Color can motivate, energize, relieve, recuperate and indeed disturbing. This is particularly true for children, who can be additional delicate to color's effect. So, the significance of picking out fair the correct color for a youthful children's room shouldn't be underestimated. There are many colors suitable for children's room, such as red, orange, green, yellow-green, violet, or combine many different colors to create the vitality. Figure 1 below shows an example of forceful bedroom.

Figure 1: Warm Color for kid's bedroom
Source: Color for bedroom by HomesFeed

Combine the colors in Figure 1 not only gives the room warmth, but it also makes more vivid. The use of numerous colors will encourage confidence, extraversion, and independence for the children.

3.Decorating

Decoration plays a significant role in whether the children likes the room. Room decoration with many catching objects will make the children appreciate when entering the room. Peel-and-stick decals are a perfect way to decorate the walls in your child's bedroom, especially if you rent and can't paint. Decals with superheroes, princesses, or the prices in animated films will provide joyfully and lively. As children grows older, it's easy to remove the decals and replace them with something else. Other ways to express your personality and style at home is through a collection of pictures or drawings.

4.Conclusion and Recommended Actions
As my research shows, design a beautiful room for children make them feel comfortable, and developing the imagination of the children.
I recommend that KIMBO Design do the following:
1.Cooperate with specialized furniture companies to provide the best products to the clients.
2.We need to post ads to introduce the upcoming project to the clients.

References
Denise, W. (2017). Why Teens Need Privacy from Their Parents.
GiuliVal 1 / 2 1  
1. I believe that in the first sentence you skipped over the word room and said having a private and some steps, not sure if this was your intention but it doesnt make much sense and left me guessing as to what it meant.

2. ..., seting up a schedule for studying, or providing them with ...
3. Sentence three, materials that are beneficial for designing the floor
4. I think what I have mainly noticed from these corrections and your essay is the way you are switching tenses, suggest you keep an eye out for that

5. Line 4, Specifically carpets made from ..., or fibers can reduce sound children are walking or make the room more comfortable
6. Secondly, choosing the right color, such as red, yellow, blue, or purple can make a room more vivid and can even provide more motivation to children.

7. pictures or drawings will help spark a child's imagination

Home / Research Papers / SHORT REPORT ABOUT INTERIOR DESIGN