Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

Why rules and laws change in time - how Law is influenced by Social Change (research start)

Serendipity 1 / -  
I have to come up with reasons for why rules and laws change in time, including old rules/laws that are starting to lose their value, and new rules/laws, both formal and informal.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out, especially with the first one! I'm not looking for someone to do my homework for me, I just need someone to help me think, cause I've got nothing!

(Oh, and sorry if there's lots of spelling mistakes in here, I'm stressing out and English is not my first language.)
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

So, why do you think laws/rules change as time goes on? Do you believe that a law should be enforced even if circumstances change? I believe that is the foundation that the essay requires. What ideas do you have so far?

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
WinterBlue - / 1  
Help starting an essay on how Law is influenced by Social Change.

So I have a paper due on Friday at 8:30 AM.

We were given several topic questions, and the one that I have is:
Discuss the relationship between law and social change: does law follow or initiate social change?
Give examples. Does change in society transform the law or does the law transform society? Discuss.

My professor has asked us to write a 5-7 page essay answering that question.

I wrote a proposal for this earlier in the month (Can be read here: goo.gl/w015RO)

The issue I'm having now is that I have no idea what to do. Despite writing a proposal... I can't think of what I want to talk about, I've wasted countless hours sitting in my university's library without a clue about what to do.

All I'm looking for right now, is for someone to talk to me and help me formulate a basis on which I can research and eventually write about, or help structure my essay.

I'm beyond confused and lost...
Hgly 2 / 6  
Discuss the relationship between law and social change
It is undeniable that the relationship between law and social change is so close in two narrows.
At the first place, law affect to social change.
- Law set many rules in society, it plays an important role for peace and existence of a state. It's like a tool which makes "routine" for people in a country.

- It gives the convenient environment for some activities such as trade business, investment, mental basic,... In addition to this, law as well as policies create new values in society.

- A country which follow the rules is the country having stable growth rate. Japan is a stark example of a model in law implement
At the second place, in contrast, social influent to law. In fact, every obligation is made by social change. Parliament agenda is took place every year to amend law in general and every obligation which is not suitable for the social change.

There is no answer if you have to choose an answer for the question "does law follow or initiate social change?" Because, as far as I am concerned, everyone has its own effect on the other. They affect bilateral each other.

Home / Research Papers / Why rules and laws change in time - how Law is influenced by Social Change (research start)