Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

How to show that the highlighted row is my addition to the research?

proud2000 1 / 1  
I have attached a part of my research paper. I have included in it a table from another research mentioning the reference on top of the table.

Now i want to show that the row highlighted in red is my own "addition" to the table.
So how can i do this in a professional way?

Please find image attached..

Yassir, the best thing that you can do to represent your original idea in the table is to mark it with an asterisk and then attach a note at the end of the chart presentation that the asterisk marks a personal addition to the information. That is normally how such additions or revisions to an existing chart are marked in a research paper. That is the most professional manner you can use as well, using the table. Another option, would be for you to simply add that information in paragraph form after the chart. Making it clear in the discussion paragraph that you are adding to the information from the table. You could say something like:

In addition to the table information, it is important to note that
or
Additionally, information about... should be noted as well even though it is not part of the above table.

I believe that these are the best methods by which you can highlight the additional information coming from within and out of the table.
amberstar 1 / 1 1  
I would suggest making a mark on the side and then stating that you added your own row.
OP proud2000 1 / 1  
Is it okay to do it like this Ms. Mary?
Please see attached image..

Home / Research Papers / How to show that the highlighted row is my addition to the research?