Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

How to start researching a topic?

jcfine 1 / -  
When you are given a limited list of topics for a 10 page research paper how do you begin. How do you start researching. Example of topic: Should girls & boys be treated differently by the school or their family. How do I begin?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Using the proper search terms can make a big difference in how long you spend looking for sources before you can begin writing. Let's see how many relevant terms we can think of. The question asks about boys and girls, school, and family, but these terms are probably too general to be of much use. Making them more specific, we can get: gender, education, child psychology, family dynamics -- and I'm sure there are more. Try using them in various combinations. You can also try running the question itself through a search, using all the words, and see what you get.

Once you've done this, you should have some sources to get started with, whether books, journal articles, or some other source. Those references may lead you to others, too, of course.

See if this helps you get started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
El3ment380 - / 2  
Need help with my paper, about election reform

The simple question is: Election reform, Is our system working?

I really need help, it needs to be 5 pages And I don't know what to include. Please Help, it would be much appreciated!
grkazan11 - / 2  
El3ment, I think you should compare this campaign with the campaign of other years
Oh, this is tough if you have not read about the different kinds of electoral systems. In the U.S. we have a mixed system, with both majority representation (president) and proportional representation (congress). Now, systems differ fro one country to the next... you might want to compare the U.S. system to that of New Zealand or some other democracy...

Try googling "electoral reform"

Home / Research Papers / How to start researching a topic?