Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

'STDs in the US' - Research on the topic 'Sexually transmitted disease'

reneegivens 1 / -  
Approximately 19 million people suffer from STDs in the United States annually and 48% (almost half) are between the ages of 18-24. The rate of STDs in the country is 50 to 100 times higher than that of any other industrialized nation. In 2006, the amount of funding spent on STDs in the United States was an estimated $14.7 billion. There were 2,473,347 million STDs and HIV cases reported in the United States during the year of 2006. In Florida there were 88,277 reported cases and in the southern counties of Florida there were 18,142 reported cases. STDs and HIV/AIDS rates tend to be higher among adolescents, minorities and individuals in the Southern United States. The purpose of this study is to determine reasons why STDs and HIV/AIDS are of high prevalence in young minorities between the ages of 18-24 in South Florida. There were eleven participants for the study. The subjects were randomly selected in the South Florida area. The questionnaire format was open and closed ended questions. The participants were between the ages of 15-22, a young, minority adult group. The use for this study was to find the determining factors for high prevalence of STD's among a minority group. Surprisingly, the individuals who have been educated on this subject matter were the individuals at the top of the chart. The individuals who have been reared and guided by there parents as a source of intervention was less prone to sexually transmitted diseases. The results from the study showed high percentage of participants receiving general/ sex education and also high percentage of risky sexual behaviors among the population. Difference in safer sex practices was not found when the participants attended a STD course but significant changes in behavior were found among those with parental guidance concerning the subject.

Approximately 19 million people suffer from STDs in the Florida annually and 48% of those individuals are between the ages of 18-24 (Crosby et al. 2008). In 2006, the medical costs related to STDs in the United States were an estimated $14.7 billion annually (Center for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], 2006). Sexually transmitted diseases are infections that are transmitted through exchange of semen, blood, and other body fluids; or by direct contact with the affected body areas of people with an STD. Sexually transmitted diseases are also called venereal diseases (CDC, 2006). The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported that 85% of the most prevalent infectious diseases in the United States are sexually transmitted. The rate of STDs in this country is 50 to 100 times higher than that of any other industrialized nation. One in four sexually active Americans will be affected by an STD at some time in his or her life. Some of the most common STDs consist of Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV/AIDS. STDs affect certain population groups more severely than others. Women, young people, and members of minority groups are particularly affected (Bauer et al. 2007).
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
from STDs

Do not use an abbreviation at the beginning of the essay. At first write it completely and then use the abbreviation. I mean you should write it in this way:"from Sexually-transmitted diseases (STD) ...

other industrialized nations

In Florida there were 88,277 reported cases and in the southern counties of Florida there were 18,142 reported cases

U can write this sentence like the following one :" 88,227 and 18,142 cases were reported in Florida and southern countries of Florida, respectively. "

eleven participants

it would be better to write the numbers over 10 in digit

U should classify the information of this part of the research into three main parts and u should write each one in a separate paragraph :1) The aim of the study: Why did you do the study? Write about the questions that you are going to answer them through the study. 2) Methodology: You need to write the detail of the research separately. 3) Results and discussion: Give the main results you have gained. If it is possible analyze the data and provide a logical discussion.

I have done many term papers and researches, so u can count on my help.

Hope you find the comments useful
Regards
Ahmad

Home / Research Papers / 'STDs in the US' - Research on the topic 'Sexually transmitted disease'