Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

Is my thesis strong? My topic is "how does beowulf reflects anglo saxon society?

anj4763 1 / -  
"The history of English civilization - as distinct from the history of humankind in Britain - begins with the Anglo-Saxons." (Roberts, 34) In terms of literature, Beowulf, one of the oldest English epics, radiates the society and the culture of the Anglos; this well-loved poem gives deep insight into one of the beginning central foundations of British History known as the Anglo-Saxon Era.

thesis in bold
gemma2345 5 / 15  
I think your thesis is very strong. It definitely highlights what you intend t expatiate on in you essay
HamzaKP 1 / 3  
Great thesis. Short, concise, and to the point. However, i would change the following:
"...this well-loved poem gives deep insight into one of the beginningearliest central foundations of British History known as the Anglo-Saxon Era. "
What citation style are you using? If it is MLA you need no comma:
with the Anglo-Saxons" (Roberts 34).
I took out the comma and put the parenthetical reference INSIDE the punctuation (before the period).

one of the oldest English epics, radiates the society and the culture of the Anglos; this well-loved poem gives deep insight into one of the beginning central Beowulf is able to provide insight about the foundations of British History known as the Anglo-Saxon Era, because it expresses _____________ (add some substantial observation here)

Fill in the blank with a phrase that captures the truth you are expressing. What can you say about the way this poem portrays that era? If you can meet this challenge I'm giving you, you'll have a thesis that says something specific.

Home / Research Papers / Is my thesis strong? My topic is "how does beowulf reflects anglo saxon society?