Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 6

Title: Why should people pay more attention to protect forest? - Introduction

tieuvohonghan 1 / -  

deforestation alert

Nowadays, along with the advance of the global economy, environmental issues are one of the hottest dilemmas which receive a great number of controversies. Especially, the forestation matter is on the alert. Forest brings numerous benefits which humankind could not survive without. However, it seems that people do not have perception about the seriousness of the deforestation. As a result, this paper will give some reasons that why should people pay more attention to protect forest. There are several senses of forest of human being but three stands out: protecting the forest is to keep the ecological environment; forest helps people preserve a valuable natural resources and protecting forests is necessary because the forest is limited.
trayaa91 1 / 2  
hello...

overall, i personally think that your essay is already good. I only noticed one minor grammatical error in the sentences: this paper will give some reasons that why should people pay more attention.... I think the sentence would be perfect without "that".

Regards
Tieu, the introduction tries to discuss too many topics all at once. As an overview statement, I am not sure that you are properly representing the particular discussion that you want to present. I believe that there is a lack of proper thesis representation in your essay. you need to narrow down you focus to the actual topic that you want to discuss in the essay, then work on developing your thesis statement based on that proposed problem. This is not really representing itself as a proper academic paper introduction statement. Instead, it has the look and feel of an English test (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) which makes it seem more like you are practicing to write in the English language instead of actually developing an academic research paper. Try to use more academic terms in the essay and portray an academic tone in the overall presentation. This is a bit too casual for an academic essay. I think it would be best for you to try and write a new opening statement instead. That is always easier than trying to fix a problematic opening statement. Editing it would give you a headache. Go for the easier route.
mandyduong 4 / 9  
Apart from informal style of essay as Holt stated, you just make a few grammatical mistakes and use of words. Instead of using people don't have a perception of..., I think you should use people are not aware of or people don't have a strong awareness that... Also, pay attention to + V-ing / gerund. Last but not least, a valuable resource or a wide range of resources or valuable resources. Anyway, keep up your good work. Regards.
tim912104a 1 / 2  
I think the following sentences have something wrong.

... one of the hottest dilemmas which receive ...

... a valuable natural resources ,and protecting (...) forest is limited (this item is opaque and not specific).
Anhy chan 12 / 23 1  
Hi @tieuvohonghan, It is unfinished essay, right? Actually, I like the way you introduce the prompt, you have a brilliant idea to this problem, but i could say that there is no more explanation to breakdown your idea in supporting sentence?

Then, to make this essay more attractive, you may use more spesific vocab to explain it.

Home / Research Papers / Title: Why should people pay more attention to protect forest? - Introduction