Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

Vocational research paper on house sparrows - trouble starting paper

lamairs81 1 / -  
So I am doing a 5 page, double-spaced vocational research paper on house sparrows (my field of study is zoology). I've done my research on their life, habitat, etc. as well as the decline in their populations over the last few decades. Research has always been a strong point for me. Where I'm struggling at is in actually taking my research and getting the paper written. I'm hoping if anyone on here could help me out with a beginning that will be all I need to get it going.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
What does your research tell you? If you could answer this in one sentence, what would you say? Start with the end in mind (the thesis statement - last sentence in intro paragraph.) For instance (and I know nothing about house sparrows,) the importance of house sparrows to controlling the insect population. Outline your key points supporting this thesis (i.e. the evolution of house sparrows up to current demographics, migration patterns and how this relates with the weather, flora and fauna of whatever geography your research indicates, and the corresponding insect population.) Then recap your conclusion in the final paragraph.
Where I'm struggling at is in actually taking my research and getting the paper written.

Well, think about it this way: you have not done any research until you have written some material. Part of the research process is to type a paragraph or two about what each article says. If you look at three articles, take a moment to write three paragraphs.

Each paragraph can start with a topic sentence that tells what the article was about.

So... really it is not very hard. Oh, and look.. you can also use an approach that is based on your subjects that you named:

their life, habitat, etc. as well as the decline in their populations over the last few decades.----right here, I see three paragraphs. life, habitat, and decline all deserve a para of their own. So... in three paragraphs, share with us what you learned from three sources. That'll get you started.

For each paragraph:
Start with a topic sentence, and at the end of it put the author's name in parenthesis. Follow it with an example. Follow that with some explanation or elaboration. Conclude with a thoughtful sentence about the topic sentence.
zoneal - / 1  
Alternative fuel and the environment (research paper)

I strongly feel I need help on my thesis in this one, let me know any other areas please.
something 23 / 52 5  
Using water as fuel is interested. I know that it's already happened but how to make it as mass product, how to make it cheaper and safer.

I hope, this could help :)

Home / Research Papers / Vocational research paper on house sparrows - trouble starting paper