Directions for the assignment:
For this assignment, you will review the journal articles you plan to cite in the Introduction of your final
research paper. You will need three (3) articles to discuss (for this assignment). Your articles must be
peer-reviewed articles. Remember your citations are the evidence for your research question/topic and
ultimately your hypothesis. Evidence is found in the result sections of journal article not the
List of Instructions:
1. Select 3 relevant articles that you plan to cite in your introduction.
2. Provide the reference citation according to APA guidelines.
3. Provide summary on the article:
a. For each article, discuss only relevant information. If the method is not relevant, don't
discuss it. Most method is relevant, but details like the number of participants are not.
b. Identify variables. Be specific and clear
c. State the findings and the authors' conclusion. Be specific and clear.
d. If/when an article includes more than one experiment, discuss only those studies that
e. Discuss specifically how you will cite the article.
f. After discussing all three articles, summarize the findings/issues. What hypothesis(es) is
suggested by the studies as a whole?
The annotated bibliography will be graded with the following criteria in mind:
1. Is there a cover page and is it APA style?
2. Are the reference citations APA style?
3. Are the articles relevant to research question/topic?
4. Did you include all of the relevant material that is needed to understand how the reference will
5. Were your descriptions of the articles accurate?
6. Did you summarize the findings?
7. Did you discuss the hypothesis(es) suggested by the studies?
Due: Feb. 5, 2010
The title of the articles are 1) Manipulations of sensory information: A test of the hypothesis of redundancy of knowledge of results, 2) Verbal redundancy in multimedia learning: When reading helps listening, 3) End-point focus manipulations to determine what information is used during observational learning.
I have never written or hear of an Annotated Bibliography. How do I start the Annotated Bibliography? Is it suppose to be in paragraph or list it in like A) discuss the article, B) Identify variables, so forth?