AAS Application Supporting statement - justify postgraduate study in transportation choice

putri famelia 1 / -  

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

I am willing to undertake a postgraduate study in transportation to enhance my understanding to improve the transportation system in Indonesia. I am a graduate of Indonesia Polytechnic of Land Transportation and currently working as a local government employee at the Department of Transportation in XXXXX, XXXXX. I perceive that transportation plays a crucial role in forming the quality of people's lives and affects the country's economy. However, I found that many transport-related projects are left unfinished or not operated as planned. Thus, qualified human resources are needed to address this issue.

I choose Master of Transport at the University of Sydney as my first choice. It is the first interdisciplinary transport program in Australia that combines the concept of transport engineering, planning, and management related to passenger and freight transport in their syllabus. The involvement of its graduate in private industries and government agency has proven that this study really equips its student with the knowledge and skills needed to solve real-world challenges. Thus, I believe this course will help me to gain a profound understanding of transport planning and policymaking to minimize the risk of transport project and tackle transportation problems as a part of a government agency.

My second choice is Master of Engineering Science at the University of New South Wales (UNSW). UNSW is known for its exceptional reputation in engineering and technology and offering specialisation study. I intend to take Transport Engineering specialisation to extend my knowledge regarding planning, functional design, operation and management of transport infrastructure. I am convinced that this course will enhance my capability to meet the needs in developing safe, quick, reliable and efficient transport systems in Indonesia and give real benefit to society.
Use the opening paraghap to explain your work related reasons for choosing these courses. That means, you will need to explain what your currentposition is and how it helped open your eyes to the necessity of additional academic learning and training on your part. As a reviewer, I need to understand how your undergraduate and work background are relevant to the courses you have chosen. That is unclear and not provided in this version.

I know that you read the course description but it doesn't tell me how these learnings will be helping you in the workplace. What problems will these help you resolve? The essay has too many unkown information and factors regarding the criteria you used, based on workplace needs or government programs, for choosing the courses. Develop your background, professional requirements, in relation to academic goals to help you create a better text representation of your study intentions.

Home / Scholarship / AAS Application Supporting statement - justify postgraduate study in transportation choice