AAS - Why did you choose this - Economic Growth

imsyw 1 / -  
Hello, I'm trying to apply for a scholarship
The priority development area that I'm applying to is economy recovery
Kindly need your feedback on this
Thank you

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

The Indonesian economy could reach a golden opportunity to escape the middle-income trap from 2025 until 2030. I aim to seize this opportunity through my expertise as a business innovation practitioner in the home and living industry. As the time has become closer, I believe now will be the best time to upgrade my skill.

McKinsey has reported that consumer services are the major drivers of Indonesian economic growth and are expected to contribute 65 percent of GDP in 2030. With the experience of working from home during the pandemic, the residential design will have a higher chance to become the top contributor in this economic sector and there will be room for innovation.

Besides that, the infrastructure development for second-tier cities in Indonesia, such as Surabaya and Makassar, is expected to finish its first phase in 2024. This, combined with McKinsey's prediction that remote working can be a permanent option after the pandemic, will allow citizens to have a nomadic lifestyle. It could open the opportunity for new business models in the housing industry, such as co-living spaces. By giving access for consumers to stay in a longer period, developing cities will have a higher chance of improving their GDP. This will affect the nation's economic growth.

To seize this golden opportunity, I intend to pursue an MBA that focuses on innovation in a country with well-established infrastructures, such as Australia. MBA in the University of Melbourne has an Innovation Bootcamp where students can pitch ideas to leading entrepreneurs while the University of Sydney's MBA (L&E) has Design-led Strategy as their capstone where students will be put in an environment of business units undergoing innovation. Furthermore, these two programs offer internship programs where I can gain practical work experience in Australia.
Your reasons for wanting to pursue higher studies are purely research based. It would help if you could offer a more personal and career oriented reason for the proposed course/s. As a reviewer, I need a discussion explanation that connects 3 aspects:

- The government plan
- The personal / intellectual growth aspect
- The career goal unrelated to how the studies can advance your career

The choice of courses and universities are not properly referenced. The reasons are highly isrelevant to the discussion Jury to develop convincing and compelling reasons on an individual paragraph basis. 3 relevant paragraphs should suffice. The first paragraph should combine the Preference points indicated above.

Home / Scholarship / AAS - Why did you choose this - Economic Growth