AAS ESSAY-WHY DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR PROPOSED COURSE AND INSTITUTION ? MASTER OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE

firaanee 1 / -  

application essay - study in australia

In order to achieve the goal of the interest area of my previous research in providing genetic diversity in Agriculture, I decided to take the course of Master of Agricultural Science, with the theme research about characterisation using genetic marker at the higher level, molecular marker. The genetic diversity is the base for survival of plants in nature and for crop improvement which provides opportunity for plant breeders to develop new and improved cultivars with desirable characteristics, which include both farmer-preferred traits, and determines the success of the plant breeding programs. Plant breeding is the science driven creative process of developing new plant varieties using local resources in the Agriculture sector.

The research theme of my thesis was characterisation and karyotyping using cytological markers which was a method to identify genes of an individual based on number, size, arm ratio, shape and other variables of chromosomes. Like other classical markers, cytological markers were easily influenced by various factors, so that sometimes the result is not accurate compared with molecular markers. I successfully completed my Bachelor program in Agrotechnology, from The University of Halu Oleo, Southeast Sulawesi. As a student who had become an assistant of practical courses almost every semester, I had the joy of working in a laboratory, making research proposals and teaching newer students. In my 5th semester, I was interested in genetics, so I chose Plant Breeding as my proposed area of interest and made a topic of research about cytological marker. The desire to broaden my knowledge of my previous research and to work as a qualified lecturer in the department had made up my decision to study abroad in an international scope, so then I can implement the right education system and the needs of students for the proposed course.

I chose University of Western Australia (UWA) as my 1st propritized university. As the 1st in Australia for Agricultural Sciences (ARWU 2021), UWA is the right place to study, to learn and to research about any specialisation in the agriculture sector. In addition, there is the Centre of Microscopy, Characterization and Analysis. With the various instruments and expertise in a range of analytical techniques, the centre can facilitate my proposed research at molecular markers. I chose the University of New England (UNE) as my 2nd propritized university. Even though UNE are internationally renowned for research in livestock genetics and its application in genetic improvement, UNE has active and expanding programs in the genetics of agricultural and other various fields. One of the ongoing projects is Almond genomics and gene discovery. I also want to make a similar project at my doctoral course program, about genome mapping. However, for this master's program, I will focus more on molecular genetics.
The essay is over the character count by almost 100 characters. There is a 2000 character limit for this essay. The writer will definitely have to revise the essay by shortening the content presentation. It may be possible that he will need to write a new essay because that will be easier than trying to edit an already existing essay.

The essay itself is too wordy without actually needing to be so. There are instances of over.information and unnecessary lecturing of the reviewers throughout the explanation. These must be edited out as the reviewers do not have the time to go through all that relevant material when thousands of applicants are waiting for assessment as well.

Focus on 2 things in the revision:
- Goal of study
- Individual and expanded reasons for the univeristy choices.

Write no more than 5 paragraphs. One for every university is a must.

Home / Scholarship / AAS ESSAY-WHY DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR PROPOSED COURSE AND INSTITUTION ? MASTER OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE