AAS Supporting Statement, Why Master of Sustainable Energy? Solutions for global energy challenges

firno 1 / 1  

1. Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

Master of Sustainable Energy is one of the courses which will give to the student the ability to create a solution against complex global energy challenges. Presently, energy, one of main needs in our life, has become global issue in various countries in the world with a variety of matters including Indonesia. For instance, the reserve of nonrenewable energy becomes less and less because more than 90% of energy utilization is from which is fossil energy such as coals, oils, and gasses. Therefore, I want to find a solution to this case by taking energy course.

My passion is to pursue my further education in new and renewable energy, I need to find a university that can provide me with strong practical knowledge on interdisciplinary viewpoint (use collocation). I did some research on cricos.education.gov.au to find the university appropriate for my goal and I found Master of Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland which meets to my purpose. I believe that this program provided by The University of Queensland is designed to fit the students a huge understanding of aspects in energy industry such as energy generation, distribution, and supply. Furthermore, the program will develop professional skill which can integrate the latest in energy technologies, climate science, policy, and energy markets.
Keiko_15 2 / 2  
Hii Firno, you can only post one essay
You have explained why you chose your proposed course, start by presenting actual problem that you will overcome upon your return. However, it will be more well-structured if you put some subjects (curriculum) provided by The University of Queensland. By explaining the curriculum, you will give a deep understanding to reviewer about the correlation of your subjects and the problem that you are going to solve. Moreover, explaining curriculum also useful to convince reader that you have a good understanding of your proposed study.
Firno, your reference to the reason why you chose this course is too vague. You cannot have a generalized objective for study. Based upon the line of work that you do in your country, you should be able to address a specific issue that you wish to resolve in relation to renewable and sustainable energy in your country. Explain why you feel this needs to addressed in your country and how you think the proposed course will help you address that problem. If you do not have a prompt where you can explain what skills and understanding you hope to develop in the course, then this would be the best time to address that question as well. You need to make your decision to choose the university sound less like you were shopping on Amazon and more like you were doing diligent research using comparative data, analysis, and personal criteria for choosing the institution based on your proposed masters course instead.

Home / Scholarship / AAS Supporting Statement, Why Master of Sustainable Energy? Solutions for global energy challenges