Academic objectives which lead to long-range goals; producing accessible and satisfactory videogames

ventonacaraa 1 / 1  
I am applying for a scholarship at university. I'd like to receive suggestions and helpful advice about my essay draft.

Describe your academic objectives and indicate how these are appropriate to your long-range goals

.
Please include specifically how a Bachelor's degree from the University of (..) will contribute to your achieving your longer-range goals. (100-word maximum)

Having a passion for programming made me create interactive games at high school. As a gamer lover, I am looking forward to producing accessible and satisfactory videogames with the intention of making the technology more inclusive. Since the interest in innovation of your university, I believe being a student of Computer Science at the University of Toronto will help me develop concrete scientific knowledge, as well as provide better opportunities in the technology industry. With this academic structure, I will be able to achieve my long-term goals of democratizing access to electronic games.
The academic objective that you present is not impressive. All the goals you have presented here are not uncommon for any gamer or budding game software developer these days. It creates an ordinary image for your interests and academic objectives. It does not stand out. It lacks a "Wow!" factor that can catch the reviewer's attention and have him say "This student gets a spot!"

Think of an academic objective that could improve the gaming field. Analyze how you can use the games to make society or the world a better place to live. Do you want to create a learning tool that happens to bring fun and enjoyment to the process? Think about deeper gaming applications in real life then consider how the classes you will be taking and the university community can help you achieve that.

I know you only have 100 words to work with but, with the proper blending of interests and reasons, you can create a stellar statement.
OP ventonacaraa 1 / 1  
@Holt I appreciate your help!

Home / Scholarship / Academic objectives which lead to long-range goals; producing accessible and satisfactory videogames