Accounting Scholarship Professional Goals Essay

liangiee 1 / -  
I am applying scholarship from a accounting firm.

It reauires "attach a one page essay on your professional goals and how slecection as the Moss Adams Schlor will help you to achieve them."

Can someone give me some advises how should I write and how should I correct the following essay?

Thanks in advance!

Accounting is said to be the basic language of business. It is the study of communicating financial information about a business to its owner and stakeholders. Understanding accounting and how the numbers work and explain financial position for a business is essential to the operation of a successful business. The recording, verifying and reporting of the assets, liabilities and equity of a business aid in the managerial decision-making process of businesses.

As an international student from Taiwan, my cultural experience provides me insights of how the economy is working toward globalization. For a business wants to survive, it must recognize the current economic trend and be able to keep its path with this fast-growing economy. Most importantly, understanding the basic language of business - accounting- and know how to interpret numbers are essential to the operation of a successful business.

Since I was little, my love of numbers and strength of science have led to five-year junior college degree in electric engineering. After two-year of working experience, the desire of higher education brings me to the United States. In one hand, I can obtain my desired degree. In the other hand, I can improve my language skill and gain international experience. When I took my first accounting class in community college, I found it to be a conceptually interesting. The balance of two sides of equation, the categorization of assets and liabilities, and the changes in numbers reflecting a company's financial position interest me in a way that makes me want to understand more and I want accounting be my future career.

During my college year, I am also the one of the eight members of College of Business Administration Honors Thesis Program where we have to develop a thesis that is designed to fit individual's special interest. During that program, I have practiced various research skills and learned how to integrate academic work with real world knowledge and experience. My research on the differences in earnings attributes between US GAAP and IFRS gives me understanding of ongoing process of convergence projects and also prepares me for the change of IFRS adoption.

As now, I will be graduating on December 2010 with my accounting degree from CSU Long Beach. My next goal is to a public accountant with CPA license. Ultimately, my professional goal is to be a tax accountant that prepares corporate and personal income tax statements and formulates tax strategies. I believe that being a tax accountant requires a thorough understanding of economics and the tax code.

Selecting to be Moss Adams Scholar would definitely help me achieve my goal. No need to say, Moss Adams is one of the most successful accounting firms in the United States. It is the 11th largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States, and the largest headquartered in the West. The variety of services Moss Adams offers in assurance, tax, and consultation services would absolutely help me to gain knowledge in accounting profession. In addition, the structure of Moss Adams's business groups that specialize in one or two industries, ranging from financial services and manufacturing to retail and government, will give me a great opportunity to learn different aspects of accounting and also understand current trend of economies.
Since I was little, my love of numbers and strength of in the study of science have led to five-year junior college degree in electric engineering. After two years of working experience, the desire of higher education brings me to the United States. In On one hand, I can obtain my desired degree. In On the other hand, I can improve my language skill and gain international experience.

(Start a new paragraph):
When I took my first accounting class in community college, I found it to be a conceptually interesting. --- good sentence! The balance of two sides of the equation, the categorization of ...

As of now, I will be graduating on December 2010 with my accounting degree from CSU Long Beach. My next ...

In addition, the structure of Moss Adams's business groups, which specialize in one or two industries ranging from financial services and manufacturing to retail and government, will give me a great opportunity to learn various aspects of accounting and also understand current trends of economies.

:-)

Home / Scholarship / Accounting Scholarship Professional Goals Essay