An achievement related to my future - the internship role at Amazon as a Security Engineering Intern

Subi 1 / -  
Am I missing anything?

your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and/or future

Though computer security may be advancing faster than ever, the high rate of cybercrimes and hacking have always startled me. My most meaningful achievement was securing an internship role ast amazon as a Security Engineering Intern. It is a dream and goal of mine to be a fulltime cybersecurity specialist. Coming from Nigeria, a third world country where a lot of people make a living through online scams. It's always really painful for me to open social media and see hard working business people complaining of how they have been scammed. So, I decided to go into cyber security to help do my part in tackling this issue.

My first step in achieving this goal was to grasp a basic understanding of information security. I took an online course in introduction to IT & Cybersecurity on cybrary, with this I had a bit of understanding of it and it solidified my interest in this role. Secondly I watched a couple of videos on how to land a role in tech companies, what was prominent throughout my research was having strong projects on your resume. With this knowledge I then went ahead to do some projects. I first worked on a caesar cipher, a type of encryption using python. Then with my knowledge of encryption I then went on to make a password vault, where the program requests info(username & passwords) from the user then encrypts it and stores it. When the user needs the info the program decrypts it and returns it back to the user. This is useful in helping users store passwords so they don't have to memorize everything and won't need to write it down somewhere.
You totally missed the point. The idea was to expound on the reasons why you consider your internship at Amazon (capitalized) a meaningful achievement and why the learning and experience from it directed your career goal. What was the internship about? What responsibilities did you have that may lead you to a career working at Amazon in their cybersecurity field? This has nothing to do with the image of Nigerians as well known international con artists that make people fear dealing with them in any way, shape, or form. This is about a career shaping work experience and how it has led you towards a career path. The criminal character of Nigerians as perceived internationally has nothing to do with it. Focus on the merits of your Amazon internship accomplishments instead. There should also be at least 2 notable achievements presented as the prompt requires a plural form of related accomplishments.

Home / Scholarship / An achievement related to my future - the internship role at Amazon as a Security Engineering Intern