If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.

Anara13 1 / 1  
Hi everyone! Please help me to make my essays brilliant for Chevening Scholarship. I'm desperate to study in the UK, and this is a great chance to make my dream come true. I wrote 4 essays about leadership, networking skills, course option and career plans. I will highly appreciate if you would have a look at my essays. only one essay at one time, please

Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

John Quincy Adams, the first US Ambassador to Russia, once said: "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

I remember my friends saying that they admire my strong character, persistence, diligence and will to achieve goals and dreams I set. Since I am the eldest child in my family, I tried to be a model for my younger brother. I studied hard at school, participated in sports contests on volleyball, represented my school at interstate academic competitions on English language and took winning places. My achievements made a positive impact on my brother, who also became active both in academic and social life of his school.

We lived in a small town in the West Kazakhstan, so I always dreamt to study in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan. I passed the Single National Test with the highest scores and was awarded a scholarship of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Thus, I was admitted to one of the top universities in Astana. My success made my brother believe that everything is possible. Following my example, he also passed the test successfully and was accepted to KAZGUU University in Astana.

While studying at university, I was a member of the Student's Council. It was a valuable experience, as I discovered remarkable qualities in me, like creativity, commitment, ability to delegate, inspire and motivate people. As my major was English, I was first student who organized debates in English language, which allowed students not just to improve their language skills, but also fostered the growth of their confidence and communication skills. Further I was engaged in organization of various academic and entertainment events for the students of my faculty. They are matriculation ceremony, the beauty contest of the faculty, conference of Kazakhstan women leaders, and others. Thus, I developed my organization and networking skills, improved problem-solving abilities, and learned to apply change management approach. Despite my young age at that time I gathered students, who volunteered to help veterans by cleaning their homes, buying them products and organizing concerts for them.

I know that it takes courage to declare oneself a leader. I can say that I was never afraid of taking responsibility for my actions. For example, within a year of working at translation company, which was my first job, I introduced translation program SDL Trados that helped to improve company's productivity, reduced costs, saved its time and resources. Thus, my leadership helped both company and my professional life.

My career accolades allowed me to stand out of the crowd and be recognized as a specialist. Soon, I was invited to work for Consulting Department at Deloitte Kazakhstan. Working for such a multinational company means that I need constantly develop and improve my skills. If I become a Chevening Scholar, I plan to improve my leadership abilities and bring some valuable contributions to the work of Embassy of Kazakhstan in the UK.

MFES2016 5 / 6 2  
Hi...Anara. your essay is good
here are my suggestions,

>> I was the first student who organized debates in the English language
>> Further, I was engaged in the organization of various academic
>> in an academic and social life of his school.
>> at the translation company
liv_ryu 13 / 22 6  
hi Anara13, let me give some suggestions:

...which allowed students not justonly to improve their language skills, but also fostered the growth ofboost their confidence and communication skills.
...Despite my young age at that time, I gathered students
...Working for such a multinational company means that I need constantly develop and improve my skillsproficiency .
OP Anara13 1 / 1  
Thank you all for your corrections!
Could you please review another essay about networking skills, as I cannot post all at once.

I live in a multinational and multicultural country, where different nations live in harmony and peace. Growing in such a multi-ethnic environment since my childhood, I learned to respect and understand cultural differences, so I could easily get along with people of different nationalities, gender, age and status. People find me to be a very sociable person, because of which I already have made solid and reliable contacts of people from different professional areas and from various countries. First, I started working as a translator in the International Education Fairs, and in large conferences and exhibitions, like EBRD conference and Astana Economic forum, Annual Floral Exhibition in Astana, Kazakhstan Defense Exhibition and others. I captured this opportunity to build relationships and expand my network.

My profession as a translator played a significant role in my life. Through my job, I met very interesting people, who are also specialists in various fields. In the course of building my career, I broadened my network, which now includes international university lecturers, foreign media crew, international legal experts in customs relations, florists and growers, and military aircraft producers. My professional skills and personal attitude contributed to future cooperation with these people. Thus, I participated in annual floral exhibition twice in 2015 and 2016, and was even offered a job to work with Dutch florists in future. Another example of my successful networking was invitation to participate in biennial defense conference in Kazakhstan by international experts from France, Spain and Germany.

Later, I joined Deloitte Kazakhstan and expanded my contacts due to a wide Deloitte network, which includes different experts from over 60 countries. Within one year working for Consulting Department I was involved in large strategic projects that required the best practice experience and engagement of top international experts. While attracting foreign consultants to major projects, I assisted them in concluding subcontractor agreements with Deloitte Kazakhstan, managing their invoices and controlling the payment procedure, provided translation during project workshops. They found my assistance very helpful and I was praised for my professionalism. As a result, I was given good recommendations and welcome to cooperate with them in future. I also had a fantastic opportunity to work with top executives of the largest national companies. Thus, I developed professional network in a global corporate world.

I want to become a Chevening Scholar in order to utilize my established network and contacts to bridge them with the Chevening's alumni network as well as accumulate new connections through people from other professional areas. This will allow me to contribute to development of my country while performing future consulting projects within Deloitte Kazakhstan, where I will be able to attract international clients and experts with a different business background to share their professional knowledge and expertise. I plan to bring a valuable input for development of international business in Kazakhstan, which allows attracting more investment to the country, thus, creating new jobs for its people.

Home / Scholarship / If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.