Agricultural Economics as a course entails ground knowledge STUDYING IN THE UK QUESTION OF CHEVENING

FELIOLUWATOBI 3 / 1  
STUDYING IN THE UK QUESTION OF CHEVENING

Agricultural Economics as a course entails ground knowledge and practical application of statistical and economic theories in agricultural systems, firms and organizations. Agricultural Economics has various specialization in which Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security is one. I have selected Agricultural Economics in University of Reading, Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in University of Exeter and Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security in Newcastle University. I have preferred these universities among others due to its high level of human, material and academic resources. I have chosen these courses and after going through the course modules, it aligned with my interest which would enable me perform excellently in the program. These courses would enable me comprehend the critical issues of food security and agricultural sustainability in Nigeria and to suggest recommendations. I also have a driving passion to be an academia, in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security.

Since my primary school days, my backyard was always used for food crop farming. I have always had that undivided attention for Agriculture. This gave me the drive to go study Agricultural Economics and Farm Management in the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria where I obtained a Bachelor of Agriculture (First Class Honors). I have been taught by competent lecturers in areas of Production Economics, Econometrics, Research Methodology, Food Security, Agricultural Sustainability, Development and Policy, Agricultural Marketing, Agricultural Finance, Project Management, Farm Management and Accounting.

However, I was the Students' Coordinator during my internship in university days where I and my colleagues planted crops such as yam, vegetables, maize and cassava organically, reared livestock and sold to the local community. We ensured that the dwellers had access to safe, sufficient and nutritious food at all times. My final year project was in the field of Food and Consumer Economics where I researched on Households' Poverty Status and its Determinants in Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government of Ogun State, Nigeria. Primary data was collected and analyzed to describe the socio-economic characteristics of the households, classify households into poverty status and the social and economic determinants of the household's poverty status were also analyzed.

I have a professional qualification in Health, Safety and Environment and Project Management. I am project proficient and creative in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS) for data analysis. I have worked in the Systems Unit, University of Jos Library, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria during my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) where I gained ICT skills over the time which would be needful for me during the course of my study. I'm currently into poultry farming which I love to expand to a large scale in order to meet the demands of food security and agricultural sustainability in my country.
Feli, focus on the prompt requirement, just present an overview of your college background in relation to your choice of masters courses, your professional experience that has created the demand for you to engage in higher studies, and finally, the way that the UK can help you further develop your career through their support of various related programs to your course of choice. You need not discuss your early inclination for farming and agriculture.

Try to discuss your choice of university and courses in a more developed manner. That is the necessary information for the essay. The current focus of your essay is too much on the past and does not have a balance with your current career and future career choices that may be affected by your masters studies. You ended up publishing a resume instead of giving a response to the question "Why do you want to study in the UK?". If you review the prompt requirements, you will see how mistaken you are in the method of your discussion.

Try to revise the essay to have a more balanced discussion of the past, present, and future of your career. The university and course choices should be discussed individually in paragraph form and not in a single paragraph for all 3 required information.

Home / Scholarship / Agricultural Economics as a course entails ground knowledge STUDYING IN THE UK QUESTION OF CHEVENING