Agriculture is the backbone of civilization. Stinpendium Hungaricum Scholarship; Motivation letter

Naub123 1 / 2  
I plan to apply for the stipendium Hungaricum scholarship and we have to join a cover letter. Its my first time writting a cover letter for a scholarship so i request your help to maximize my chances of entry, thank you!

Object :

Application for the Stinpendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2019

Dear sir/madam

In this letter, I want to introduce myself as a candidate for Stinpendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2019.
It is irrefutable that today's Agriculture is the backbone of civilization. The agricultural industry is a key one in the development of any nation and as history shows, almost all the developed nations today grew on the back of a solid agricultural industry. This fact has rendered me to appreciate agriculture and explore more of its aspects. As a kid, I was always mesmerized by plant growth experiments, the thought of a tree emerging from what seemed to be nothing to me appeared purely magical. Back then, my motivation was mainly to understand how and what made seeds transform into big, green and leafy living beings.

Growing up, I had a very clear idea of what I would like to do in the future and as I discovered new interesting fields, I grew fond of economics and environmental sciences. Currently, I am studying agriculture economics in ENAM (Ecole Nationale d'Agriculture de Meknès) and expect to obtain my bachelor degree as a state engineer.

During my studies, I came to the realization that our generation is witnessing an unprecedented population growth in the world and that natural resources such as land and water are under stress; the need of a more productive agriculture has never been this urgent. Consequently, it is up to agricultural economists, agronomists and other fields specialists to work in multi-disciplinary teams so as to optimize resource allocation and develop an integrated approach regarding environmental impacts.

I have chosen to apply for the Stinpendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program because it will help me achieve my dreams of becoming a skilled economist and agronomist as I broaden my horizons and get in touch with people on international scale. My main goal is to contribute to the scientific community and impact the world in a positive way as Dr Kevin M. Kruse said "Life is about making an impact, not making an income".

I am a person who prides themselves on their ability to communicate across cultures and I believe I would be the perfect fit for a program that incorporates students from around the globe. Although I have never studied abroad, I have done a lot of research to make sure Hungary is the right match for me. I also look forward to the challenge of living and studying in the second largest university in Hungary, which I am sure I am ready to handle. During my college years, I was implicated in many associative tasks and led many teams to success. The best example would be the annual forum where I held the responsibility of general secretary and chief of logistics. We managed to orchestrate an event that got covered by national media and attracted a significant amount of people and sponsors.

With this opportunity, I anticipate developing both personally and professionally from an international experience as I am the kind of person who gets along well with others due to being open and considerate of people and their beliefs. I am sure that I will be successful in this program and maintain the high standards of your university. Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely, AYOUB Nabil
Ayoub, I feel like your interest in this field of study requires more of a foundational presentation in the essay. When you start the paragraph with "Growing up..." but you don't really explain when and how you were first exposed to this field and how it impacted you, the reference becomes less impactful in the presentation. I also feel like the quotation you are presenting does not increase the image you are providing for your motivation for this line of study. If you have to use other people's words to explain your motivation, then you aren't really that strongly motivated to study this course. The reviewer always best appreciates your own words in reference to your motivation. Using other people's word just isn't impressive enough for a motivational cover letter.

While most of your grammar is acceptable, you have to change the reference to "I am a person who prides themselves..." to "I am a person who takes pride in..." themselves is a plural reference which runs counter to the singular reference "I" in the sentence.

You do not really provide any example of academic or professional strength in this essay. There is nothing remarkable that would make the reviewer sit up and take notice of your application. The strongest reference you have is that annual forum where you worked with a group. With the lack of actual reference to the forum and a singular reference to your accomplishment during this time, it doesn't really fly as a strong reference to what makes you a good candidate for the program.

Your motivation is strong but it loses steam towards the end. Hopefully my advice can help you make the essay stronger.
OP Naub123 1 / 2  
Thank you for your advice.

Home / Scholarship / Agriculture is the backbone of civilization. Stinpendium Hungaricum Scholarship; Motivation letter