My aim is to make difference in the pharmaceutical industry field. Chevening questions - career plan

hanadyz 5 / 8 3  
Hi there. Here is my answer to the career plan question for chevening. I checked what UK does in my country but unfortunately I didn't find anything relevant. Thanks a lot for your time

Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study career plan. Please outline your immediate plans ...

My aim is to make difference in the pharmaceutical industry field and initiate a career project in which the recent updates are applied. As far as I am considered, my undergraduate studies in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical chemistry were the very first basis of the desired course of study, and from which my career goals can be achieved as well.

First of all, I seek to be a highly qualified QC analyst or researcher in the multinational corporations or institutions that targets on implementing the know-how of pharmaceutical analysis and researching to develop a perfect dosage form for most of the drug types. They also should give me all required facilities to apply and develop recently learned techniques in my UK master's program to be a value-add to them.

Not only are my career goals represented in developing in the pharmaceutical field, but also spreading the awareness of the importance of scientific research and thinking. I believe that it is important to consolidate the concept of scientific research in the whole of Egyptian society. Therefore, I will mention a part of my activities before graduation which relates to this. I was one of the founders of a scientifically based organization called SCITA. This abbreviation stands for: Science, Creation, Imagination, Technology and Application. From its name it is clear that it has good vision for the future of scientific research in Egypt. So, my second goal is to continue being its scientific consultant or advisor that founds science -based conferences, workshops and seminars in all parts of Egypt to develop innovative and remarkable generation in the field.

My long-term goal is represented in being a consultant pharmacist for all of the well-known pharmaceutical companies. After being thoroughly developed academically and professionally, I will have the opportunity to give advice to newly established foundations and guide them to the right way where they can start making the best technical and scientific improvements and achievements among other ones.

Last but not least, not to forget about UK reputation and accomplishments in the pharmaceutical field. This country is considered the most appropriate to help me achieve my career goals. The reason is because it is one of the most prominent ones in the healthcare generally, and makes cooperation with relevant organizations such as the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA). Also, it has many top-ranked medical and pharmaceutical universities among the world. Also, UK has the top twenty five investors in biotechnology R&D and pharmaceuticals like GSK, Pfizer and Novartis which are really distinguished in the field, and very well-known worldwide.
munmar 4 / 11 5  
This is a good essay, however i feel that it is missing links on timelines from the short term to long term. I think you need to specify clear steps in times in what you will do in your first 3 years and the long term.
Phoowadon 5 / 26 11  
@hanadyz
Hi, welcome to an academic community for sharing mutual tuition.

First, you just have got a friend like me who has the same fate, my country does not have any thing that the UK gov. is directly doing in my country related to my area of study. But now onward, you can express your attempt to reach priority in which Chevening please to have bursars whose major displayed on the list, for instance, My case is that, I wish to completed my Msc in animal behavior area but it is not in the priority nor has met any political memorandum of understanding between my country and the UK. So, after I have looked back and think carefully in the priority again, my idea to write then sparked!

For my country, Chevening is pleased to encourage students to develop some 10 issues and interests, I just pick a Climate Change issue, because.

1) It is related to a scientific field and some of biological studies.
2) I am able to apply an impact of Climate change on the welfare and behaviour of animals.
3) I can also estimate animal cruelty rejection from the British which has an increase in numbers, and it is being a controversy online right now.

So do you?

You can do it

Make your pharmacy to be related in one outstanding alongside your interest.

and try to think globally and act locally.

Then your aspect of your essay'S framework would be more effective,

and please note that revising this as soon as possible, the application online is going to be inaccessible in the next 4 1/2 days

so be alert !
Hanady, how can it be possible that the UK will not have any interests in your country? If you applying for a Chevening scholarship then there is some sort of connection between the two countries. My advice is for you to look at the pharmaceutical side of the relationship. Look for specific deals entered into by UK drug companies in relation with your country. I am sure something will turn up and you can use that information as part of the "interests of the UK" aspect of the prompt.

While the information about your previous experience with this organization is nice to read about. You could have merely indicated that you belonged to the group in college and still concentrated on your future career plans instead. The additional information about the group is not necessary to this essay. An overview of the information would have sufficed.

Aside from my above observations, I believe that the remaining information is relevant to your application and should remain as part of the revised essay.
munmar 4 / 11 5  
U can also consider activities that UK supports through other agencies such as Oxfarm, Global Fund, Unicef or UNFPA, they can give you an idea of the key issues in your country.
shadow7 4 / 17 4  
why don't you specify the time span of your plans, that will be better, and try to further explain your future plans instead of your previous experience.

Home / Scholarship / My aim is to make difference in the pharmaceutical industry field. Chevening questions - career plan