My ambitious personal goals helped create my revenant network

Yofi 2 / 2  
Hello guys, this is my draft for the Chevening networking essay. if you can give me your feedback and comments. please feel free to suggest any addition or subtraction to it. Thanks in advance.

to become a member of young leaders network

As humans we seek to connect with one another for each communication is a prospect for personal growth. Something I have come to realise from my experience living in the UK for a while as child and again as an adult. I have had the chance to work with professionals and students regarding my field during my time abroad in the UK, Turkey and Egypt. Helping me greatly to build a good network. Living in multicultural place like the UK have really fascinated me meeting people from other cultures making connection I still keep to this day.

I have had the opportunity to demonstrate my networking and public speaking skills in the international conference on clean energy held in Birmingham. Where, I was part of time participating in the General Electric design challenge. During which we designed a concept for engineless racing cars, and I had to showcase our design to the judges and audience. It was frightening to speak to such a number. Nevertheless, I was well prepared, as result from attending the conference, I expanded my network and made valuable connections. Moreover, through participating in the British council events and workshops in Libya such as paving the youth forum in 2012. I met many interesting people that I still keep in touch with, one of which the British cultural delegate Cherry Gough. Who was really encouraging and supportive when I shared my objectives and goals in life. He inspired me to complete my Masters in the UK and asked to get in touch with him when I do.

Professional networks play a massive part in an engineer's professional career. I have learned that when I was working alongside a research team, where we needed funding. I managed to book a meeting with Almada telecom co research and development chief officer Mohamed Zawi, whom I have met before in a conference I participated in, couple of years before. Where through connections and networks I managed to call him personally and request the meeting, where he was more than happy to oblige.

Through working as part time English teacher, I have further expanded my network to include professionals from other fields working part time as me or other dedicated full time educators. I had a friend who was complaining from a back injury, and through using my network, I have managed to book him an appointment with one of the leading practitioner in Libya Youmna Almujbri, an appointment that would have been very hard to get through regular procedures.

My ambitious personal goals helped create my revenant network. As a Cheveing awardee, I will be able to communicate and collaborate with the UK's leading experts in Mechanical and energy engineering. I plan to work and learn for foreign scholars, while I am eager to immerse myself in the British prestigious culture and history. I would like to become a member of network of young leaders tackling modern problems. Exchanging ideas and collaborating for a brighter future.
Youssf , there are number of important names that you make specific mention of in your networking essay. While their names are nice to read on paper, I am wondering if you are attaching recommendation letters from these people. You see, the reviewer might wish to verify the names and connections that you have made with these people. So if you do not have direct or written permission to use the names of these people in your essay, you should refer to them within the network on a no-name basis. In your essay, you always mention the "Who" in terms of contacts but miss out on the vital explanations of "Where, when, and how". You need to always indicate where you met, when, this meeting took place, and how the network has helped you in the connected aspects of your career or social life so far. The network usefulness has to be solid on a professional basis as you will be called upon in the future to be a mentor to other scholars and as such. may need to call upon these networks for assistance. That is how the Chevening scholarship works and that is why they ask you to explain how you plan to use this network to help the scholarship program and its future scholars. That explanation is missing in this essay.

Home / Scholarship / My ambitious personal goals helped create my revenant network