Letter Of Appeal for IMPORTANT Scholarship (assistance to complete my three years)

tiacbolden 2 / 1  
Good Evening,
My name is Tia Bolden. I'm a student athlete at Savannah State University and I loss my PRISM (Science and Math) scholarship due to missed meetings. Just about every meeting I missed was a day that I had softball practice of freshman meetings. I missed three of the meetings and only attended 2 out of 5. I also did not submit my mentoring log at the end of the semester. The only thing that I have going for me is that I attended two of the meetings and met the GPA and credit hour requirements. I am trying to write a letter explaining my knowledge of my actions and understanding of the consequence and to see if there is any way I may be re-granted this scholarship for next semester. My goal initially is to use this scholarship in assistance to complete my three years here at Savannah State and then transfer to Georgia Tech to earn my masters in Electrical Engineering. PRISM's (the scholarship) target is students focusing in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.

Please assist me in putting together a quality letter in order to regain my well-needed scholarship.

Thank you so much!
Tia Bolden
Ubcappin - / 3  
I would perhaps write it like this:

To members of the PRISM scholarship committee,

Given my engagements with collegiate softball at Savannah State University, I was unable to attend three of the the five meetings required to keep my PRISM scholarship. I understand my actions and their consequences; however, I would like to reaffirm my commitment to the mission of this scholarship and my involvement within my collegiate community with the principles of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).

Please consider a probationary period for me to return to the schedule required by the PRISM scholarship. I was unable to attend the meetings not out of carelessness or a lack of commitment but out of scheduling conflicts with softball. In addition, I can complete my mentoring log and return to speed. Without this PRISM scholarship, I cannot continue by education at Savannah State University and will be forced to drop out. This will conflict with my further plans to continue on to earn my Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.

Given my involvement with STEM activities in the past, I am confident that I can continue to serve in the spirit of the PRISM scholarship and am willing to work on your terms to continue my scholarship, especially as I will realign my focus from softball back towards my required activities and academic requirements for this scholarship. While I have had a rough and hectic athletic season, I will work harder around my schedule to meet the requirements of the PRISM program.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Tia Bolden

Home / Scholarship / Letter Of Appeal for IMPORTANT Scholarship (assistance to complete my three years)