Scholarship Application: Education Through Manga

Sakaaki 1 / 2  
I want to tell you the backgroud of my essay first, to give you a vivid image of what I want to communicate through my essay.

I want to make a manga that make the reader unconsciously learning something, and being interesting enough so people would want to know more about the subjects presented in the manga.

I had this idea since I was in middle school reading a several title of manga.

1. QED: physics, math, history, etc (it's a detective manga. And everytime there was a case it always related to some formula, or history of something, etc. In the end the formula and/or lesson I read in the manga got stuck in my head that learning physics and math and other in middle and high school doesn't need too much effort for me.)

2. Chihayafuru (it was about japanese card game/sport; karuta/caruta. It was so well written, and the explanation of the rules, situation, the meanin of each card are so interesting it made the reader want to know more about it, and want to try playing it too.)

3. A number of samurai themed manga (there will be bits of information about the real samurai era in japan so we can learn a little bit of japanese history by reading it.)

And I think if there was a manga that was made specially for learning purpose, it would help students to learn school subjects. (not the kind of 'mangafied' version of the textbook (there's a lot of that kind of manga and comics), but the one that you won't even realize/remember/feel like studying at all, but the lesson will stuck in your head (how do I explain this?)

I have already stated about that in another prompt of the application so I wont give too much detail about that in this.

--- Essay/Answers start here ---

Prompt: reason why you chose the program and your plan after graduation

My answer: (i need a lot of help in this)

I believe that continuous skill training is a better learning process to prepare us for the workplace, where practical skill is crucial. That was my main reason why I prefer the Training College above other programs.

With the benefit of learning in training college, I would have the necessary skills to work in manga industry. But a number of experience in a real workplace are also precious, after all; practice makes perfect.

In conclusion, the first thing I'm going to do is taking a job as an assistant to a full-time mangaka.
After I able to comprehend the ambience and situation in manga making proccess, I will start to pursue my goal.

I believe that it wouldn't only helps students in Japan and my country, but also students around the world.
I will make that happen.

----------------

I would appreciate any help, and I really need it.

Thank you so much
Is there a strict word count for this answer? If not, I like if you specified the skills you have vaguely talked about in this sentence;

Tell them what sort of skills you would be hoping to acquire and how they are going to help you in that particular industry and also for your future.

I believe that it wouldn't only helpshelp students in Japan and my country, but also all the students around the world.
OP Sakaaki 1 / 2  
Thanks for your reply!

There's no word limit for this, but the space provided in the application is so narrow and we're not permitted to write it on another place or paper.

Maybe 150 words max?

Yeah, I would try to decide the important part to elaborate it, and discard the less important part

Home / Scholarship / Scholarship Application: Education Through Manga