Scholarship application - Master of Social Work in Queensland University matches my passion

Ivonsestia 2 / 3 1  
Hi :) i am writing for my scholarship application.
Please kindly help to give feedback of my essay. Thank you in advance

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

this australian course fits my passion

When i was at the college, i went to philippines for 6 weeks voluntered in social project under exchange program provided by an NGO. I worked and lived together with 13 others participants from different countries, we also had to socialize with residents there. I am grateful to be able experience this, because i was inspired and became a better version of myself. But, it was not the biggest part. The lion's share from my experience was how i managed to make impact and develop others. Since i felt good to inspire others, i continued my voluntary experience focusing on human. I also took role as person in charge for that exchange program because i want to develop others by ensure the quality of participants and the programs. For the year of my term handled the exchange program, i sent more than 150 students abroad. If this flow keep continue like a chain, the participants could also make impact for others.

I do believe the development of a human should never stopped as long as they are still alive. But lately many adults do not get develop or inspire anymore, that is what i found while i working in my company. Adults who are in productive aged tend to do the repetitive things due to their stability in current age, while Indonesia is actually waiting for them to be productive and make a better Indonesia. I am trying to inspire people by a small things within my surrounding such as simple motivational quotes or sharing my experience.

I wish i could do bigger thing than i do today. As i interest in social issue and more specifically about human, i found Master of Social Work in Queensland University matches my passion. I also read one of the subject that will be delivered is talking about lifespan, culture, and disability. This subject might be my answer to know better about adults who are in productive age tend to only do the repeated things in their daily. The subject delivered by Professor Jill Wilson are talking about issues focusing on the nature of people's growth in term of change and stability include understanding the growth due to change and stability.

Social Work course in Australia's universities is quite rare especially talking about my passion, but Queensland Universities have the answer. Queensland Universities provide Master of Social Work in coursework basic for two years which means i could get more knowledge from lecturer in the class and also get the practical while doing the field placement.
ChemicalAus 1 / 2 1  
i am not an english speaker either but i will comment from what i think i know.

went to philippines - Philippines
for 6 weeks - for six week. it is a formal writting
voluntered - volunteering
in (a) social project
grateful to be able(to) experience it
make (an) impact
I also took role as the person in charge

and I think generally that you do not develop someone, but you can help someone to develop something.

cheers and good luck with you essay.

Home / Scholarship / Scholarship application - Master of Social Work in Queensland University matches my passion