I'm applying for Chevening scholarship and they are asking to write Networking skills essay

Nadabihussein 1 / -  
Hey! I'm applying for chevening scholarship and I requested to write an essay about the below subject. I have wrote a simple one and I need your feedback about it please.. Thanks a lot

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

Good communication makes strong networking

Networking is a world of communications where we share and exchange the informations, experiences and knowledges with others. Good communication skills helps on making strong networking skills. My own networking skills helped me to gain many achievements.

Firstly, my networking skills started to shine during my cchildhood as I am a fan of the football game I started to build football team from all over the neighborhood and I managed to have full team with different skills and ages.Moreover, as I was the team leader I started to make realtions with the other neighbors teams then we started to have matches competitions from this experience I end up with a lot of friends and relations which helped me to gain a lot of life experiences and many things which were valuable at that time.

Later, when I started my current job there were a lot of challenges which required a lot of communication and networking skills as I am going to deal with three different contractors with different disciplines backgrounds. first , I started to make work relations with workers as they are the core business for us And I controlled to make excellent relation with then and we built a trust on each other, I realized that they started to refer to me whenever they need help or support or sometimes when they face problems. From this intation I managed to build very strong team worker with all the contractors. Therefore, I was nominated to go as Interface Engineer after I managed to deliver good job for the company as well positive reputation for myself though the teamwork and networking skills I implemented in.

Thus, I got the position as interface Engineer after I convinced them directly(During the interview) and indirectly (from my previous position feedback). As I'm interface Engineer now I am dealing with all the department in the company to manage the good communication between them and to intervene whenever it's required as well and to make Interface management between the four contractors that Im dealing with.

As I'm going to be one of the Chevening gran eligible I will share my career experiences and I will work hard to gain something for each and Indivisual person I deal with either the stuffs , students, residences, or the professors. I will build my own network environmental wherever I go.
BusinessGeek 2 / 2  
you can start your essay with the third paragraph. please avoid writing about your childhood stories.
Hussein, this is not an essay that qualifies as a networking discussion. You are not even trying to identify how your exterior network is developed, maintained, and used. A usable professional network needs to go beyond the workplace in order to increase its usability. I do not see any indication of you going outside of the workplace in order to create business or professional contacts. You are boxed into your place of employment. Those contacts are not networks because you did not have to cultivate them. These are in place automatically for you to use in the performance of your tasks. A true network is created for a purpose because one does not exist to address the necessities of your job. Therefore, you will need to revise the full content of your essay to reflect an out of work network that actually assisted you in the performance of your tasks. Make sure that you can justify the network as being useful to Chevening due to a specific purpose otherwise your essay will be incomplete.

Home / Scholarship / I'm applying for Chevening scholarship and they are asking to write Networking skills essay