I am applying for Chevening Scholarship. I would like to have your thoughts on my essay below.

UgEddie 1 / -  
I believe that networking is developing mutually beneficial professional relationships that are long-lasting using the existing skills in a focused way. I believe that I possess these networking skills that I have so far used to develop my career profession.

On my current work as a Health, Safety, Security and Environment Implementer at MOGAS Uganda Limited, I have a responsibility for compliance with both local and international requirements and for this to happen I have to involve many stakeholders like government, ministries among others. I therefore focused on building contact relationships with many government offices which majority are our regulators in the business and most of these became part of my professional network. I followed up my contacts and on several occasions I got some opportunities to present my skills and career interests and my strong passion for safety at work places. Most got impressed with my networking skills and through them I was able to be nominated to sit on the National Technical Committee for oil and gas marketing as representative on Safety and Environmental matters.

Through this committee I have shown my commitment and my strong passion for Uganda to increase Health, safety and Environmental professionals so as to embrace work safety. This has offered me a lot more of opportunities for attending International Conferences and Safety trainings in this regard at the government's cost. Through these conferences and Trainings I have been able to meet more professionals and examiners who are now part of my professional network and we always exchange ideas and knowledge on Safety and Environmental matters. And through the Trainings I have been able to get international certifications from IOSH and NEBOSH which have been added on my Resume.

I also have been able to keep and build more new professional networks through social forums, alumni forums and also social media especially LinkedIn, twitter and Facebook. And more so I still follow up on my networks from schools and family circles.

I am therefore committed and passionate to enrich my networking experience and knowledge while in the United Kingdom and will transfer them to improve Health, Safety and Environmental awareness in Uganda.
Lexusnguyen1995 2 / 5 2  
I like your essay you have a very resume and experience. However, try not to use the same transition in one paragraph.
You start off with I believe, and then I believe in the next sentence, try to think of another one.
Hope this help
Good luck with your scholarship!

Home / Scholarship / I am applying for Chevening Scholarship. I would like to have your thoughts on my essay below.