'appreciate financial aid' - I have a finacial aid essay for kaplan for PSAT

bklynmoe 1 / -  
To whom it may concern,
I am a sophomore In Midwood High School. I am about to take the PSAT exam in a couple of months. I would really like to get all the help I can get, since I am really looking forward to going into a great college. However, due to my family's financial situation, I will not be able to afford going to a preparation program.

I went to Christa McAuliffe Junior High School (I.S.187), which is one of the best Junior High Schools in Brooklyn. I have always gotten good grades. I never stopped at just passing. My averages were always above a 90. I always try to make the most of my time studying and working hard. I am now in Midwood High School. My grades in freshman year have been really high both semesters. My regents grades were also high. My one focus this semester is to score high on the PSAT and prepare for upcoming major exams so colleges can see that I can meet and go beyond their expectations. When I graduate from high school, I want to be a major in engineering in Colombia University. This has been my dream since junior high school, especially since math and science are my favorite subjects. Everyone told me that setting early goals is the most important thing to do in life, so I took their advice to work hard and focus on goals.

My financial situation is not exactly the best. My father works as a cab driver in Manhattan. My father works about 10-11 hours a day, but due to his conditions, it's really hard for him to make a lot. About 2 years ago, he had a heart attack, which resulted in less working, so it doesn't exactly help our financial problem. He also has back problems, so it's hard for him to work too much. He manages to make the best out of what he does. I've known for a long time that we don't have the best situation when it comes to money, so when my parents told me that they wanted me to go to this program to work on the PSAT and the other exams; I knew it was going to cost a lot. I believe that my parents want the best for me, and of course I do too, so I think it's best to go in a program that can help me academically and financially.

I would extremely appreciate financial aid to say the least. It would put so much less stress on my family and our financial problem. I believe that Kaplan will be able to help me work hard and get a high score on the PSAT in the next few months.

Sincerely,
I would really like to get all the help I can get , since I am really looking forward to going into a great college.

I never stopped at just passing, and my averages were always above a 90. ---I made one longer sentence here instead of leaving 2 small ones. I just think it sounds better.

I always try to make the most of my time by studying and working hard.

When I graduate from high school, I want to be a major in engineering in Colombia University.

I believe that my parents want the best for me, and of course I do too, so I think it's best to go into a program that can help me academically and financially.

Good luck with school!!

:)

Home / Scholarship / 'appreciate financial aid' - I have a finacial aid essay for kaplan for PSAT