"Art is an inherent desire of human being" - artist statement competition

beheshtezebhi 1 / 4  
this statement was arranged for a competionin level of undergraduate, this text sets out to express main reasons which lead to participate in this comptetion.I wonderd if you can correct it,also I will happy if you suggest any useful phrase or literary sentences.

thank you dear friends your help is so valuable for me:)

Statement of purpose to participate in an artistic competition

Art is an inherent desire of human being which I found it a form of problem-solving during my life. I recognized in art there is never a single solution and each of us has a chance to create solution according their personal attitudes and experiences, but in different socio-cultural bases. To me art is a language to connect to diversity of individuals who have unique essence .Thus I just found it as the only way people could here each other. Also the only way to depict realities in the society, as act of infusing real sensation, on one hand it could convey either harmony or balance, or on the other hand, could portray contrast or even create disturbance in the mind of spectator. All these features are inseparable components of the both Art and real life in a society which enables artist to be the best problem-solver in the society.

Having lived in a conservative society like Iran for all my life, I have experienced restriction, censorship and suffocation in order to use Art as a comprehensive language to express my own ideas and share pieces of life with others . Always in my country every inspiration rising from freedom and new notions are restricted by religious, traditional and political rules. During all these years, I was looking for a chance, not only to show my talents and capabilities to people from all over the world, but also to represent a part of contemporary art of my home country which is still hidden behind of an every-day-life of ordinary people in suffocation and desperation. This intention leaded to find Abraaj capital art prize competition, and I finally found a platform to represent things that I have wished during the whole of my life.

Winning in this competition would enable me to further my activities in favor of developing freedom of speech and thinking. Also it obviously would provide me a number of ways to achieve unattainable goals and desires in term of supporting women rights, particularly in Middle Eastern developing countries, which I have always lived in it. Aside from that, relieving of financial burdens would help me to continue my education in field of liberty and art, the only way I can serve human beings and break the strict chain of restriction, suffocation and discrimination. Moreover, the Abraaj capital art prize would act as my powerful supporter to exhibit my artworks throughout the world. It would be an important opportunity to work and have exhibition in a hub city like Dubai, where I would not only gain more experience in artistic Fields, but a chance to get familiar with rich cultural and ethnic diversity and wide range of international artists.

The whole of above-mentioned reasons would direct me to the canvas, where the empty space will represent my identity. And any marks I make on the canvas would reveal secrets about the society I lived in and would be means of expressing the views of "the people" to the people themselves -the viewers and listeners- the target.

Overall, with support of Abraaj capital art foundation I would aim all those ambitions which lead to solve the problems taht band freedom, equality and philanthropy.
Zubaida 18 / 34  
Art is an inherent desire of human being which I found itas a form of problem-solving during my life. I recognized that there is never a single solution in art and each one has a chance to create solution according to him or her personal attitudes and experiences, but in different socio-cultural bases.

or you can say:
and people has a chance to create solutions according to their personal attitudes and experiences, but in different socio-cultural bases.

Thus I just found it as the only way people could here each other. do you mean : could hear each other.

That is my help. I hope others will help you more.
Good Luck
OP beheshtezebhi 1 / 4  
thanks zobaida:) that's very kind of you
can I use each one...their ? or I just can write each one ....her or his ? which one is more formal?
Zubaida 18 / 34  
I do not know which structure is more formal, but I prefer to say:
peoplehave a chance to create solutions according to their personal attitudes and experiences,

I hope this will help
Good Luck
I'll make suggestions about a few parts...

A desire for art is inherent in human nature, and I found it to be a form of problem-solving. during my life.

Having lived in a conservative society like Iran for all my life, I have experienced restriction, censorship and suffocation use a different word. This word is not quite right.

During all these years, I was looking for a chance not only to show my talents and capabilities to people from all over the world, but also to represent a part of the contemporary art of my home country, which is still hidden behind an every-day-life of ordinary people in suffocation and desperation. What are you really trying to say here? It is unclear...

...where I would not only gain more experience in artistic Fields but also find a chance to get familiar with rich cultural and ethnic diversity and wide range of international artists.

:-)
OP beheshtezebhi 1 / 4  
thanks kevin : In this sentence I'm trying to say :contemporary art is combinded with everyday-life of people who live under condition of desperation and suffocation,and it is not revealed completely yet(I need a literary sentence for this part )
Contemporary art is combined with the experience of everyday life for people who live in desperate conditions. Their suffering has not yet been completely revealed to the world.

or maybe this is better:
Contemporary art is made from the experience of everyday life for people who live in desperate conditions. Their suffering has not yet been completely revealed to the world.
OP beheshtezebhi 1 / 4  
Thanks kevin, that was very kind of you:)

Home / Scholarship / "Art is an inherent desire of human being" - artist statement competition