the Art Institute of Seattle, Scholarship essay statement?

aracid 2 / 2  
I am someone desperatly trying to get into the Art Institute of Seattle. I have already written a successful essay for entrance, and now I have a chance to get a scholarship to help me pay for this college (which is putting me in such financial dept). Only problem, I'm terrible at writing essays...

I'm suppose to write a "Statement of career objectives, need for scholarship and indications of exceptional talent and motivation". They gave me such a minimal space to write it in too, so I'm guessing it's not a 5 paragraph essay I am required to write... And also the last sentence is unfinished because I am having the hardest time explaining "indications of exceptional talent and motivation". I'd very much appreciate any suggestions.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------
As an extra-imaginative artist, my objectives have always been to excel in what I love most. Therefore, my careers of choosing would be something in the art industry working with my talents in fields such as media arts, graphic design, but mostly animation. I have always wanted to bring my imagination to life in the digital world of animation. Inspirations to this have been animation by Disney, Blizzard, Pixar, etc.

I would like very much to pursue my artistic calling, and a scholarship would really be helpful to me in doing so. I have already acquired the artistic needs to pursue my dreams and be accepted into the Art Institute of Seattle, but I have not acquired the financial needs. Therefore, I am in much need of this scholarship in order to start college and excel in my artistic talent.

I taken many art courses throughout my years in middle school and high school, trying to excel my talent, as well as a college credit course in my senior year for 2d Portfolio. I've also worked with art programs such as Photoshop and animation programs such as Flash to motivate myself and my talents.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------
Also if you'd like to see examples of my work, go to aracid.deviantart.com/gallery
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I think you are off to a very good start! I do think, though that phrases such as "trying to excel my talent" weaken your case a little. Saying "to improve my skills" would be stronger. Also, I think you need to be a little more specific about what your "talent" is. Can you speak of it in more artistic terms? What do you do with Photoshop and Flash? Does your style involve use of geographic forms? interplay of light and shadow? use of hidden metaphorical references? See if you can analyze yourself a little more closely to make yourself stand out as unique. That's really what it's all about--why are you more deserving than the next person? What makes you unusually talented? Perhaps you could describe one or two of the examples which appear on that website (if you have room) in case they can't be bothered to go look; tell why you feel they demonstrate your unique talent.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP aracid 2 / 2  
Erm... Ignore that one, I made some quick alterations....
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------
As an extra-imaginative artist, my objectives have always been to improve my skills in what I love most. Therefore, my careers of choosing would be something in the art industry working with my talents in fields such as media arts, graphic design, but mostly animation. I have always wanted to bring my imagination to life in the digital world of animation. Inspirations to this have been animation by Disney, Blizzard, Pixar, etc.

I would like very much to pursue my artistic calling, and a scholarship would really be helpful to me in doing so. I have already acquired the artistic needs to pursue my dreams and be accepted into the Art Institute of Seattle, but I have not acquired the financial needs. Therefore, I am in much need of this scholarship in order to start college and improve my skills in drawing, digital illustration, and various other techniques relating to art in order to be eligible for a career that will forever suit me.

I've taken many art courses throughout my years in middle school and high school, to improve my skills in drawing using a variety of different media such as pencils, colored pencils, prints, paint, etc., as well as a college credit course in my senior year for 2d Portfolio. I've also worked with digital art programs such as Photoshop and Flash to create more appealing illustrations and to work with animation. Most of my work is based around the human figure, also focusing on lighting and shadowing based on position and proportioning. I have also worked with photo manipulation using contrast and altering hues to name a few. There is nothing I won't try to go further with this skill. Art is and has always been my biggest fascination.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I like what you've added, explaining your skills. One thing I might suggest:

I have already acquired the artistic needs to pursue my dreams and be accepted into the Art Institute of Seattle but I have not acquired the financial needs - I don't think "needs" is the word you want here; "means" would be more appropriate.

Good work!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Scholarship / the Art Institute of Seattle, Scholarship essay statement?