Asking kindly to consider my person as a participant of DAAD scholarship programme.

Nyurkens 2 / 3  
Dear Selection Committee,

I'm writing to express my strong interest in DAAD scholarship ŤStudy Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplinesť as the only opportunity for me to get a deeper knowledge in the field of media and culture communication.

I had been studying for10 semesters in South Ural State University in Russia. My major was called Creative Approach in Advertising, then the programme was renamed as Advertising, but it was still more about search of creative solutions than about Marketing or Brand Management in its usual sense. I finished the university with honors as the best student in my group.

While studying at 4th year I started working in Eyetronic Internet Agency. After a very short period, about half a year, I managed to demonstrate a high level of responsibility and show myself as a fast learner and determined person. So that, I started to lead my own project. The duties were planning an advertising campaign, the creation of contextual advertising, management of promotional campaigns and activities for their effectiveness.

2 years later I forced to quit my job because of necessity to prepare for final examinations and thesis defense. However, through this experience I came to the conclusion that the sphere of media and advertising is still developing in Russia. Our economy lacks well-educated specialists who have a serious practical experience. This is the reason why I chose Germany for further studying and as a place for getting more profound learning of media processes and cultural communication in addition to the solid theoretical foundation I got in my home university.

Primarily, Germany is a developed and democratic country, its highest Human Development Index ranks among the top of the other countries and its education standard is recognized all over the world. German universities are equipped with modern technology which is not merely important for my field of study but it is a necessary condition for media works and projects.

In addition, the clear structure of the study courses, containing the modules with thoroughly detailed descriptions, can help the students to develop themselves in the areas of knowledge they are most attracted to.

DAAD scholarship provides about 50 programmes which fit me, taking into account my previous education. However, having examined them carefully, I opted 3 most suitable variants.

Master's degree programme International Media Cultural Work (IMC) stands out with the idea of compilation of digital culture, art and technology. To my mind, this alliance of the culture aspects and contemporary technology is the only way of development of media science. Being in the top five among German Universities of Applied Sciences (according to the 2006 Ťtrendenceť study), Hochschule Darmstadt University focuses on real-world approach and the professional success of its graduates as well as their original self-expression and development of imagination and creative thinking. These are the reasons why I consider the programme International Media Cultural Work in Hochschule Darmstadt University to be desirable for me.

The second programme, Master of Media and Communication Science, is attracting for me because of the special interdisciplinary Ilmenau model, what implies integration of three emphases: strategic communication and public relations, media management and innovation communication, online communication and digital games. I particularly single out the fact that the course is application-oriented, what I lacked during my previous studying. In turn, Technische Universität Ilmenau is one of the biggest German university institutes in the field of media and communication, so its professors, as noted by the majority of graduates, give the optimal basis for a successful entry into the job market.

Multi-disciplinary approach is also the feature of the programme World Heritage Studies, the last one I chose. It combines theory and practice in various academic disciplines. The course provide the students with the knowledge about independent and critical thinking in the area of assessment, protection, management and presentation of cultural or natural heritage sites. To my point of view, it is necessary to collect and spread information about conscious attitude to environment and conservation of heritage for future generations.

Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg offers its students an internship on a voluntary basis, what I find an important thing in becoming heritage professionals. I have an experience of being a volunteer already. I participated once an international camp in Serbia, organized by the organization called Young Researches of Serbia. We worked on creating and implementing educative and informative workshops about the life of Serbian people during the Roman times. Unfortunately, the fees for volunteers have increased considerably, so I didn't have an chance to participate again.

This is the main reason why I'm applying for a scholarship. Being the best student among my university group, having a strong desire to continue studies and develop in professional field, I always face financial problems. Even if the programme doesn't have tuition fee, life in Germany is truly expensive for Russians. The DAAD policy is to support such young successful students like me.

The scholarship would help me to study in one of the most developed countries in Europe in order to apply my knowledge in practice upon returning to Russia. By joining the DAAD programme I wish satisfy my personal need of creative work, finding out nеw approaches and tendencies in media sphere and having an opportunity to explore them. I'm sure that studying in one of universities I chose may bring the intellectual satisfaction, joy of traveling and chance to live and communicate with like-minded people from all over the world and, of course, positive scientific and practical input.

Nevertheless, I understand that to be successful student and meet your expectations I need to demonstrate strong skills in sufficient time-management, objective self-criticism, effective problem-solving attitude and high personal responsibility. I'm ready to work hard. I realize that tuition may be very challenging and difficult sometimes but at the same time I'm sure it will lead to the impressive results.

My key aim is to become high specialist in the field of media and culture. Besides, I'm convinced that the social responsibility of the companies in Russia is still low, and I will work on that. With the acquired knowledge and experience in Germany I will help to create a society where media companies concern about preservation and promotion of cultural values, establishment of information exchange between government, business and society, education and upbringing of youth.

Driven by the idea of continuous development in the field of media and culture processes I would like to ask you kindly to consider my person as a participant of DAAD scholarship programme.

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Anna,
Welcome to EssayForum :)

I do apologize to see your thread became a place that irresponsible person just only copy-paste all the paragraphs that you have written above. Therefore, I would like to come up with a better feedback. I hope you can consider this as a helpful one.

First of all, your flaws were related to the usage of contractions, and some grammatical flaws. In academic writing, the writer is not supposed to use contractions in his/her essay. Contractions are only allowed in informal and speaking context. My suggestion is that you can alter your contractions in this thread to be the correct form.

With regards to your grammatical issues, I would like to mention them briefly in the detailed descriptions below.

- So/Thus , that I started to lead my own project.
- However, having examined them carefully, I optedchose 3 most suitable variants by examining them carefully .
- By being in the top five among ...
- The course provides the students with the ...
- ...considerably, so I didn't have andid not have a chance to participate again.

Hope this helps :)
OP Nyurkens 2 / 3  
@ichanpants89
thank you! What do you think about the logic of the letter? About its sеnse?

Home / Scholarship / Asking kindly to consider my person as a participant of DAAD scholarship programme.