Why I want to attend the Air Force Academy? My choice was made long ago

Bamboojack 4 / 4 1  
(This is a one page easy on why I wish to attend the Air Force Academy. I know I uploaded it late but I had just found this site, thanks for your help!)

My choice to apply and hopefully attend the Air Force Academy was made long ago when I was just a little boy. I had spent my life moving around and learning military customs with my father, who had made the same choice when he was a teenager to be a career Air Force Officer. The first time I had fully thought of joining the military was when I was just eight years old and my dad took me to see the Thunderbirds for the first time. After they had finished their performance I thought to myself that I wanted to grow up to do that. Since then I have worked hard and continually to improve my leadership, education and military edict with the goal of becoming the best military officer I could be.

Attending the Air Force Academy would allow me one of the best college experiences along with the skills I will use to become a great Air Force Officer. The Academy will build on my skills I learned and live by with the Boy Scout Law and the Army JROTC values of L.D.R.S.H.I.P. In both JROTC and scouting they have the core values of Leadership, Integrity, Loyalty, Selfless Service, Duty, Personal Courage and Respect.

All the service academies have a few things in common including some core values, one of these is Integrity. Integrity is perhaps the most important value to uphold and the academy holds its cadets up to a very high standard of Integrity. This will teach me and my fellow cadets important skills for our military and our non-military life, such as; Courage, Responsibility, Self-Respect and Humility. These basic values will allow us to better serve our country.

We as cadets have a responsibility to become the best military officers possible because as Air Force Officers we will be expected to put service before self. To put service before self we will need to learn to follow rules, respect others, control our anger and have religious tolerance of all religions. These values will set us apart as role models for not only other military members but for the community as well. Being these role models will also require us to perform tasks at the best of our abilities.

To truly be the best military officer I could be I will also strive to seek excellence in both my professional and personal life. I will work to excel personally and within my community, just as I was taught growing up in Scouting and JROTC. Being a great Air Force Officer will mean I am a role model for both my co-workers and in my community as well. Since I was a boy I have dreamed of serving my country through the Air Force, attending the Academy in the Fall of 2014 will allow me to build on the skills I have gained to become the best Air Force Officer I can be.
nessa219 1 / 2  
you should start off your intro stronger. "As a young boy, my dream was to apply and hopefully attend the Air Force..." and so on. In the third paragraph, you use the word integrity alot.

at the end you should put " to truly "BECOME" the best military ...." The rest sounds good. Hope this helps! :)
OP Bamboojack 4 / 4 1  
thanks for your help I will make those changes

Home / Scholarship / Why I want to attend the Air Force Academy? My choice was made long ago