Australia Award Scholarship 2019/2020 - PT. SPIL shipping line company in Indonesia

tirto 1 / 1  

to become an expert in export development fields

Dear all. I am applying for Australia Award Scholarship 2019/2020. I would really appreciate if anyone could provide revision for my answer as follows:

Name:Desmarnov Tirto Pamangin
Company: PT. Salam Pacific Indonesia Lines (SPIL) Makassar
Job title: International Trade Staff
My international trade staff duties:
- Maintain SPIL vessel's international cargo report to the Customs;
- develop market for company's international shipment service;
- Determine a vendor for global shipment;
- Provide FETA Freight overseas agents and customers the required rates for global shipment;
- Coordinate with related parties to maintain FETA Freight overseas agents' or customers' global shipment; and
- Provide/execute sales leads to/from FETA Freight overseas agents
[total 474 characters of 500]

How will this scholarship contribute to the organisation's human resource development needs*?

PT. SPIL is a shipping line company in Indonesia that operates own vessels and containers that has no experts in export development fields especially in trade agreements, trade finance and export procedures, also export marketing and promotion strategy. This scholarship will enable me to learn and develop my knowledge and skills about international trade that will be useful to provide excellent service to the entrepreneurs. Through the learning and experiences, I can be expert in this field.

[total 497 characters of 500]

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much
Maria - / 1,098 389  
Because of the word count limitations, it is pivotal that you are able to relay all the necessary background information alongside showcasing a tangible link between the organisation and the scholarship. This is tricky; what I would only suggest is try to be more concise with your language.

For instance, in your first sentence, I would revise a couple of wordings/phrases here as follows:
...operates its own vessels and containers; it has no experts, however, in export development encompassing financial and agreements-based trade, marketing, and strategic promotion.

Notice how I tried to integrate more techniques when it comes to the flexibility of the usage of punctuation (inserted a semi-colon when appropriate). I also tried to be less redundant with the words (ie. avoid mentioning trade and exports too many times than necessary). If it is possible, you may also omit the usage of adjectives (ie. strategic) and instead just go straight to the skill itself (ie. mention that it is promotional marketing and not necessarily marketing and strategic promotion separately). This is easy to do especially if the skills are quite synonymous with each other.

Best of luck.
OP tirto 1 / 1  
thank you @Maria, so what about other essays?:

One essay at one time, please.

Home / Scholarship / Australia Award Scholarship 2019/2020 - PT. SPIL shipping line company in Indonesia