Bachelor's degree in computer science - scholarship essay for UK universities

itachi99 1 / 1  
300 words limit
Please give honest opinions

scholarship essay

1. What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
2. What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
3. What would being awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship mean to you - what difference would it make?
4. As a Global Excellence Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?

My bachelor's degree in computer science, with honours in artificial intelligence and machine learning, equipped me with a good foundation in programming languages, operating systems, and databases. The projects I worked on during my bachelor's include Social Distancing AI and an emotion recognition system using Python, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, ANN, CNN algorithms, and NLP. I also excel in database querying, architecting, testing, and maintenance. Hence, it was my natural interest and motivation to apply for master's in data science (artificial intelligence).

I hope to learn computation and optimization, statistical modelling, machine learning and Decision Making through this programme. The research project will allow me to Utilize the tools and techniques I've learnt from the course to expand my knowledge and skills. My goal is to become a data scientist and UK is a base for world's pioneering technology and innovation companies so there are plenty of networking opportunities to join some of the greatest tech minds on the planet.

I am a hard-working student with firm determination but Growing in a low-income family with hurdles and financial problems made it difficult to even meet the monthly needs. without the scholarship, I need to seek a loan for tuition and living expense which becomes a financial hardship on my family because I have a younger sister. Receiving this scholarship will be an honour and perfect award for all the hard work I have put throughout my career, which will eventually encourage me to work even harder and take meaningful work in particular volunteer opportunities and internships that can add value to my degree.

People regard me as a sociable and approachable person so being an Ambassador, I will help other students to grow their leadership and communication skills. I will contribute to the program with all my heart and reciprocate the experience by fostering a sense of belonging amongst prospective students.
There are 2 aspects of this essay that need to be addressed. The first is the section about the scholarship itself and the second in about being a university ambassador. Both of which require a deeper insight into the applicant's character and personality.

Having read the reason you need the scholarship and how it could change your life shows me one thing: The response presented is very much run of the mill and does not provide a unique insight into why this scholarship would change your life beyond any other applicant's reason and desire. Beyond financial incapacity and safe mode help it can offer, there is no true compelling reason to give you the scholarship.

how might you act as an ambassador for the University?

The response is too vague and commonplace. Add something about your current activities having helped prepare you for the ambassadorship and how you plan to help current and future scholars through an expanded version to promote the program locally and within the academic campus.

Home / Scholarship / Bachelor's degree in computer science - scholarship essay for UK universities