Bachelor's degree in Medical Diagnostic Sonography Scholarship essay

bryttanee03 1 / -  
I worked hard to graduate early in January of my senior year, so that I could have a head start on my college education. Currently, I am attending the University of Wisconsin Parkside and plan on attending University of Wisconsin Milwaukee for the second semester of my freshman year and my whole sophomore year. My junior and senior year I would finish up with my clinical studies in Madison, to obtain my Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Diagnostic Sonography.

Watching the sonographer move the wand around on my mother's stomach to take measurements of the developing baby and being able to see the limbs and the organs functioning, I knew that I wanted to be a sonographer. It was really amazing to watch a small piece of sophisticated equipment that could see so much and was able to could detect any deformities or abnormalities that could be seriously wrong with the developing baby.

I would make an ideal candidate for this scholarship because I set goals for myself to achieve and I ensure I accomplish them. I am a very determined person, who always makes sure that the work is done on time and completed to the best of my ability. This scholarship money would be used to pay for tuition and books for the courses that will help me pursue toward my education and career.

I mainly devote my time to studying, doing work for school, and also I volunteer in the church nursery on Sundays watching children of all ages, during the service. In addition to volunteering, I help my mother at her business. My duties consist of working with many people, taking orders, answering the phone, checking out customers, and working with employees.

During the summer, I took coursework that makes me closer to reaching my goal of becoming a diagnostic sonographer. I took a Nursing Assistant course, which plays an important role as part of the healthcare team by providing direct patient care and emotional and physical support for patients. I completed this course and I plan on being certified so that I can have experience in the medical field and gain knowledge of what it is like to work in the hospital environment. I also took a speech course this summer, to help me better communicate with people. When I completed this class I felt like I was less shy around people and that I could open up and not feel nervous.

Winning this scholarship would help me in many important ways including paying for tuition and books; it would definitely make me one step closer to reaching my goal as a diagnostic sonographer. Last but not least, I would like to say that I have worked extremely hard to get where I am today and this scholarship would make a huge impact on my future.
It was really amazing to see that such a small piece of equipment could see so much, and could detect any deformities that could be seriously wrong with the developing baby.

I would make an ideal candidate for this s cholarship because I...

This scholarship money would be used to buy books, to pay for room and board and to keep taking courses that will help me pursue toward my career.

I mainly devote my time to studying and doing work for school, and also I volunteer in the church nursery on Sundays watching children of all ages, during the service.

During the summer, I am took two classes that make me one step closer to reaching my goal of becoming a Diagnostic Sonographer.

I completed this course and I plan on being certified so that I can have experience in the medical field and gain knowledge of what it is like to work in the hospital environment.

Winning this scholarship would help me in many ways such as paying for tuition, books, being able to stay in a dorm, and knowing that it makes me one step closer to reaching my goal as a Diagnostic Sonographer.---You already said this!

Have fun in school and good luck!

:)

Home / Scholarship / Bachelor's degree in Medical Diagnostic Sonography Scholarship essay