I will go back to the university that I am working now - career plans after returning home

Hiwi_Life 10 / 31 7  

My career plans after returning home

In returning to my home country immediately after the completion of my postgraduate study, I will go back to the university that I am working now. Being a lecturer enables me to apply the theoretical knowledge and practical skill that I conquered to the study of Communication System Engineering especially to the wireless and telecommunication. I will be part of the wireless communication research group that would conduct problem solving researches for the society.

In our country, there exists only a single government controlled telecom service provider without full coverage capacity and poor network quality. Even to those with network coverage most of the areas are giving a 2G and 3G services and 4G is available only in the capital city of some specific areas. I do believe one of the vital things for the development of the country is to be equipped with the latest technologies with a good system design. I will work on this by participating in designing an efficient system to have good network coverage by using latest technologies with less cost. I will apply the knowledge I acquire in UK to achieve this by doing a research which will enable the country to have a good coverage and quality of service within some years time by cooperating with the concerned body.

The number of girls who is studying Engineering is very low and after returning to my home country this is the project that I will be doing to help girls in the education. One of the main tasks of this project is supporting girls to join an elementary education with awareness creation and material. Also this project will help girls who are interested in engineering field but who do not have an encouraging environment to achieve that. These girls will be supported by supplementary material and also by giving tutorials on engineering related subject areas which will be extended to the girls studying engineering in the universities. Also conferences and seminars will be presented by fellow women engineers to share experience and knowledge for those girls to encourage them to become a future successful engineer.

In order to achieve the goal of this project I will work with the UK government by cooperating with the DFID projects in our country. One of the areas of interest for DFID in our country is education and educating girls is one of the interests. Hence I will present my project for the DFID and work with the educational projects which will enable to achieve the goal this project and the UK government. Since this project will be done in cooperation with DFID, supported by the experience I gained in UK, and the network I will have in my country and UK through chevening it will be successful.
Hiwot, this essay needs to be better focused. Which is the real post study plan priority for you? If it is the improvement of internet access and technology in your country, then present a DFID project that supports that. If it is the empowerment of women in your country and giving them the opportunity to study, then find the relevant project. You cannot have two different interests in the essay and only one reference to a UK sponsored project for it. Which of the two points relates the most to the masters degree that you will be completing. Once you figure that out, you can focus the UK sponsorship on that essay instead. An essay such as this cannot have two masters. You can only serve one. So pick the one that best aligns itself with your masters studies and future career plans. At the moment, There is a clear disconnection in your essay regarding the actual focus of your post study career plans.
OP Hiwi_Life 10 / 31 7  
I will make my focus on the first paragraph and include my second paragraph idea on my first paragraph with research as it is one of my responsibilities to have a problem solving research by cooperating with governmental and non governmental organizations.

Regarding women empowerment as a lecturer the low number of girls in engineering and also their result and success worries me. I always witness there are only some outstanding girls but many of those little are dominated by boys. This is what I want to change with my project which will include giving supplementary teaching for girls only which I sometimes do whenever I can. So this is what I want to do in my project with DFID. But also besides helping those who are in engineering I want to work on elementary and highschool which I believe is the background for those current engineering students.

So can I write it with context. Thanks in advance Mary.
You cannot have 2 unrelated focus points in the essay because of the UK connection. Review your other essays and look for the more dominant discussion in them. Which one do you discuss more? The empowerment of women or the Communication System Engineering? Your UK study plans all relate to Communication system engineering. That is the whole point of your desire to study as per your Study in the UK presentation, which is the basis of your post study plans. Therefore, you cannot engage in a non related UK government sponsored project. The educational empowerment of women is not what you studied a masters degree for. I understand that you want to help the women improve their educational standards so it looks like you chose the wrong Study in the UK course for the scholarship. It is too late to change it now. I am telling you to align your post study plans with your Study in the UK essay. It your option to not follow me. Don't blame me when your scholarship is denied because of a lack of proper UK project referencing in relation to your study in the UK plans. .
OP Hiwi_Life 10 / 31 7  

OK I find a DFID project that will align with my study and i will make my plan based on that. There are technology frontier projects like internet of things which is related to my field and I will use that.

And I will never blame you on the contrary I am greatful to you because you are helping me a lot and I thank you for that.
sbina 2 / 5  
@Hiwi_Life
Hey, i try to give my feedback, hope that is useful.

First, in your essay, I don't see any related to your longer term career, I think you also highlight your longer term career too. Chevening clearly mention that you should include your essay with your long term career.

Second, the last paragraph for conclusion don't work for me as a viewer. It is too general, every one who chosen by chevening definetely will use the experience to improve their success.my suggestion, you should arrange strong statement, that the committee will see your determination.

Good luck for the rest of the essay.

Home / Scholarship / I will go back to the university that I am working now - career plans after returning home