Bank's telemarketer - leadership & Influence Letter for Chevening Scholarship

glausantos 1 / -  
Hi guys, I'm planning to apply for Chevening scholarship, and hoping you guys could help me by reading the draft of my essay and give me your feedbacks.

______

Application for Chevening

I work since my early 17 and I have been facing it all as a big challenge. I worked as a bank's telemarketer. In the first 6 months, I joined a selective process for a new position in the company, as a quality assistant. This position was responsible for listening, analyze and point out the quality of the customer service.

Thus, my job was to ensure a good service, if the procedures were being followed correctly and ensure a good score that in general was tied to company's success fee from. As this work had never been done before, I decided to search more about related methodologies, materials that the Bank could have and suggestions for improvement of vocabulary, since during the service many words were spoken incorrectly.

In 15 days I managed to gather and assemble the required materials for a concise and organize a training that could clarify the doubts of other attendants. The company, which was evaluated by the average score in various aspects, including monitoring, increased your note of 26 for 92 in just over two months.

I was in that position for 13 months and developed other trainings and the team became important in the company, increasing to two to eight people.

Thereupon, I didn't feel ready to run for a new position in the company, which was in operation supervisor, but my coworkers and managers have encouraged me and I signed up. After three interviews I was one of the approved in the processes and carried out in this role for about a year.

One of my duties also included creating many different incentive campaigns, involving since the attendance improvement to increase productivity. Forthwith I learned a lot about dealing with people, be more empathy and understand each team-player better and manage my emotions working under pressure. I have also learned that a wage is not always enough, a nice environment and trust can make the difference.
Glaucia, I do not care if you worked as supervisor for only a year, the job description that you provided for that position is exactly what this scholarship program is looking for. Revise the essay to discuss one specific project that you handled as a supervisor that you felt was the most problematic. Since it had the most problems, it also drove you to inspire your people to work together in order to complete the project. That is what the reviewer is looking for. That is also the kind of work experience that will make your application more competitive when compared side by side with the other applicants.

The first part of the essay that you created is more of a rank and file experience that did not really require you to handle subordinates, make official decisions, or inspire people to work with your and with the team. That is why this current version of the essay is not usable for this type of application. Revise the essay using my suggestions above. Make sure that you highlight your leadership and influencing traits as best as you can. That is the main purpose of this essay and that is what will interest the reviewer the most.

Home / Scholarship / Bank's telemarketer - leadership & Influence Letter for Chevening Scholarship