Why do you want to become a CPA? (a passion to be a business professional)

mladinni 1 / -  
Why do you want to become a CPA and how will attaining this licensure contribute to your goals? How do you plan to become a licensed CPA?

I have always had the passion to be a business professional. I have decided to major in accounting to get a career path in auditing. The CPA profession gives me the power to put an end to white collar crime. Through the tighter regulations by the Security Exchange Commission and the integrity and honesty of a CPA I believe this can be achieved. Also, I chose auditing because it is sort of a social career since one gets to meet with business executives, clients and other divisional auditors. I am interested in keeping track of payments, financial positions and the transfer of capital or income. My ultimate goal is to be a Certified Public Accountant and own an accounting firm. I would love to own a firm that will provide audit, tax and consulting services at an affordable price to the public. In order to own a reputable and respectable organization, you need to be a CPA. Being a CPA in today's competitive business environment, gives one an edge and a distinction over business competitors. The CPA which is a vital part of any strong business or organization is the most respected and valued credential in the financial community. Another reason for me wanting to be a CPA is the prestige and respect that comes with it. Being a CPA transcends one above being an ordinary accountant because of the necessary training and commitment put towards being a CPA. Being a CPA will also help towards me giving back to the society because I see it as being given a license to protect the public. With companies conducting fraudulent business activities, the CPA profession protects people from losing their hard earned money. Lastly, I want to be a CPA due to the financial stability that it will afford me and my family. For a college student, coming out of school with financial burdens, one needs a career path that offers stability and an opportunity for growth. Being a CPA will provide me with the financial peace of mind.

I plan to become a Certified Public Accountant by completing my bachelor degree in accounting. After the completion of my bachelor degree program, I plan to immediately enroll in the Master of Science in accounting at the University of Memphis. The master degree in accounting will prepare me for the CPA exam and it will also grant me with the 150 credit hours required to sit for the CPA exam. The Master of Accountancy program will prepare me to face and manage the challenges business professionals face on a daily basis. After the completion of the Master of Science program, I plan to work in the public accounting industry with the hope of rising to become the Chief Financial Officer of a Fortune 500 company. After gaining seasoned experience in the public accounting field, I intend to proceed with forming a public accounting firm that can match up with the current Big 4 accounting firms.

With the help of an AICPA scholarship award, I will be a step closer to achieving my goal because the scholarship will help towards books, course materials, and tuition & fees. With a scholarship my goals can be attained on time and I will be an asset to society. I can be an asset to society by volunteering, making financial contributions to community projects and passing on knowledge to children who will be future leaders.
Hi,

I have always had the passion to be a business professional. I have decided to major in accounting to get a career path in auditing. --------------good start

The CPA profession gives meAs a CPA I would have the power to put an end to white collar crime.

Through the tighter regulations by the Security Exchange Commission and the integrity and honesty of a CPA I believe this can be achieved.----------------It's better you explain more about how this can be achieved. I got a bit confused when I read this sentence for the first time. I prefer that you explain what roll you play as a CPA to end this issue. By mentioning the regulator, you may distract the reader's attention on you.

My ultimate goal is to be a Certified Public Accountant and own anto form my own accounting firm. I would love to own a firm that will provide audit, tax and consulting services at an affordable price to the public.

Good Luck with your application!

Home / Scholarship / Why do you want to become a CPA? (a passion to be a business professional)