"Behind every good business is a great accountant" Personal Statement GKS Accounting

nadiahime 1 / -  
I will appreciate if someone can help me proofread my essay, Thank you

Personal Statement GKS Accounting

Since childhood, I have had a great interest in Mathematics as a subject. This has been evidenced by consistent top-level performance. Being the cream in the subject made me an obvious favorite as the teacher's choice to compete in Mathematics Challenges such as Calistung, the Olympiad Mathematics contest, et cetera. Having maintained this passion, in Junior High School I was elected to become a Student's Money Organizer, a position whose responsibilities included planning and accounting. Since then, I have also taken interest in Accounting or Economic and Finance in general. After graduating from senior high school, I chose to work as an administration staff in a course for college test. Since then I have also realized that finance related work like accountant is one of the most important jobs in this modern world, accounting postgraduates are in demand, as organizations cannot function without them. It provides a stable work environment and offers career prospects. That realization jolted me into having convincingly completed a Bachelors's degree in Finance related major such as Economic and Finance or Accounting.

"Behind every good business is a great accountant" is a quote that motivated me to be a great accountant and since a career as an accountant requires math, organizational and problem-solving skills having convinced me to continue my study in Korea. Korea is known as an excellent country in economic growth. As I read through Wikipedia, South Korea by nominal GDP, it has the 4th largest economy in Asia and the 10th largest in the world. South Korea is notable for its emergence of economic development from one of the poorest countries in the world to a developed, high-income country in just a few generations. South Korea still remains one of the fastest growing developed countries in the world, following the Great Recession. It is included in the group of Next Eleven countries as having the potential to play a dominant role in the global economy by the middle of the 21st century.

Moreover, I read from other website that the learning environment in Korea is ranked as very advanced in Asia. When studying accounting in Korea, you will practice gaining hands-on experiences besides theory. The teaching syllabus of universities in Korea meets international standards. That's why choosing Korea to study Finance related major is the best choice everyone can choose with.

Since I came from a very poor family, I choose to apply for this scholarship. My mother is just a kindergarten teacher and my father had died when I was in the 3rd grade of elementary school. I never have enough money to continue my study ever since Junior High School.

At that time because I really wanted to continue my study, I took a risk to be a part of a spiritual orphanage which I never regret it. It was my first time living far from my family and it taught me so many lessons, such as how to be independent, how to live far from your family, how to have a second family, how to live in a dormitory with their rules, et cetera. But sadly, even though I still wanted to continue my study, I could only be there for three years. Fortunately, my aunt offered me to live with her in her hometown and I took her offer immediately.

It had led me to a place where I formed who I am. In this Senior High School, I followed a lot of club activities. The most memorable ones were OSIS, Scouting, and MPK. I learned a lot from OSIS (Organisasi Siswa Intra Sekolah) or generally called Student Council because it taught me the skills in organizing, collaborating, and cooperating with each other among students on preparing and doing their educative activities. While in scouting I was taught how to cooperate with each other in a group when we were demanded to be able to survive outside our comfort zone by ourselves. For MPK, since it is a class administrator consist of a class leader or prefect, secretary, and money organizer, I was fortunate to be elected as Student's Money Organizer so it enhanced my accounting skill. Later I realized that all of those skills are very helpful to me to tackle the real world.

Senior High School was also my brightest grade and showed how hard-working I was. It was evidenced by always ranked one overall for every semester which gave me scholarship that covered my tuition fees. It was evidenced again when I was chosen as a school delegation for regency science olympiad sector mathematics in my second grade. My school never focus on the olympiad so, since the first time my school to sending delegations for the regency science olympiad (9 sectors) till I was chosen as one of a delegation, no one ever won in the regency.

But because I really wanted to win, even though my mathematics teacher couldn't teach me, I studied really hard by myself. I searched online the material and become a part of study groups on Facebook which brought me to KTOM (Mathematics Olympiad Simulation by alumnus), I learned a lot to the point that sometimes, when I took KTOM I got silver or bronze medal. It boosted my confidence about the real Olympiad so I was delighted when the Olympiad time, I was announced as the second winner in my regency. Moreover, I was the one and only delegation of the regency science olympiad at that time from my school who won in the regency which made me the first and only student from my school who won the science olympiad in the regency.

It was evidenced again when I was raising to the 3rd grade when my mother asked me to spend the last year in my hometown. I was worried at first that I couldn't catch up with my new friends, but in the end, when the results of the national examination were out, I was announced as having the best score of all.

For 5 years -from grade first of junior high school to grade second of senior high school- I didn't live with my family. When junior high school I lived in an orphanage while grade first to second of senior high school I lived with my aunt. Both in the orphanage and my aunt, my reputation was outstanding. It showed how hard-working and bright I was. Therefore, I am sure that I will also do my best within this scholarship period.

As long as I study -from elementary school to high school- or -grade 1st to 12th- I always try to not let anybody to surpass me. I always remained the topper of school throughout almost my whole educational career. I have awarded the best student award for 21 times (21 semesters of 24 semesters).

With all what I have written above I am hopeful for the consideration of my application as the first priority.

With best wishes.
As I read through Wikipedia, ... read from other website ...

Delete this whole section. Wikipedia and other websites do not factor in as authoritative socuce of motivation for study. In fact, this section sounds more like you are presenting a GKS masearch paper rather than applying for a scholarship.

Since I came from a very poor family, I choose to apply for this scholarship.

You and every other applicant will be using this reason. It is not unique. Remove its mention since it is not a standout motivating reason.

The last part of the essay is unfocused. While these information might be considered, it does not flow well in the presentation. Refer to the prompt requirements. Notice the chronological discussion presentation? Follow it. Present the essay as outlined in the list. That should make it more comprehensive in your presentation.

Home / Scholarship / "Behind every good business is a great accountant" Personal Statement GKS Accounting